1st Trimester

I think I'm taking it a little too literally...

In one of my pregnancy books, it said to rest when you're feeling tired in the1st Tri, and don't worry about letting some of your housework, etc. slip.  I think I'm using it as an excuse to NEVER do housework again!  My house desperately needs cleaned, but 'the book' said not to worry about it. Smile  So...I'm not...I think I need a cleaning lady, though!  Anyone else being lazy like this???

Re: I think I'm taking it a little too literally...

• So funny... I am doing the same thing!?
  • oh yeah, and the worst part is that I am a teacher so I am home all day for now.  I will be going to take some classes to keep up on my degree, but I have been super tired.  I hear that the 2nd trimester is a whole new feeling, you have energy and no more sickness.
  • Loading the player...
  • I like to think it's not me being lazy. ?I've been having morning sickness pretty badly. ?When I move, I feel?nauseous. ?Laundry really needs to be done though.
    Due 10/7/18
    DS 1- 2010, DS 2- 2013
  • I tell my husband that I am not being lazy...my body is so busy making our baby that I don't have the energy. He can't argue that one! ;)?
  • For me, I think it's mostly laziness.  I've been feeling fine, other than being a little more tired than usual.  After working all day and then teaching Jazzercise, cleaning is the last thing I want to do in the evenings!  That's when I always used to do my household chores, but I've pretty much stopped for the time being...  For those of you not feeling well, that's definitely not laziness, and I hope you feel better soon!!

• imagebrimanni:
    I hear that the 2nd trimester is a whole new feeling, you have energy and no more sickness.

It is! I can't WAIT for 2nd tri! lol

My house is a disaster, too!

• Yes! I'm doing this, too... and it's weird since I am such a neatfreak usually!
  • IF our house was not on the market I totally would be right there with you.  Unfortunately, I have no choice but do some cleaning.  Although some days I just can't and let it go some which I know I shouldn't.  
  • naflmjnaflmj member
    Yep...DH has been picking up the slack but I think that's getting old pretty quick.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• rapst1rapst1 member

I totally know how you feel.  Last Saturday I had every intention of giving my house a good cleaning, since I haven't in a while, and instead I pretty much slept ALL day.  My husband brought me breakfast in bed at like 9:30 (Thursday was my birthday, and this was like a late gift) and after I ate, I fell back asleep.  Then I got up and went downstairs at like 11, at which point I sat on the couch to watch TV while I was trying to wake up, and I fell back asleep until like 3.  By this point I had to force myself to get up and shower b/c I had to go to the store.  My husband came with me (and we went about 20 minutes away) and I slept in the car on the way there and the way home.  By the time I get home from work, I am useless b/c I am so tired, and as of yesterday I am starting to feel the morning sickness.  But, it is all worth it...every bit of it!  I just hope by the time I go on vacation in July I won't be feeling as nasaous or tired!

Sorry for the long post :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH got sick of the house being a mess so he cleaned the other day. 
  • imagelauramaybride35:
    In one of my pregnancy books, it said to rest when you're feeling tired in the1st Tri, and don't worry about letting some of your housework, etc. slip.  I think I'm using it as an excuse to NEVER do housework again!  My house desperately needs cleaned, but 'the book' said not to worry about it. Smile  So...I'm not...I think I need a cleaning lady, though!  Anyone else being lazy like this???

Yes

IMG_3932
  • That would be great.. but my 5 yr old comes through the house like a hurricane.. I'm constantly picking up.. cleaning
  • For about 2 weeks I did absolutely nothing - no cleaning, no cooking, no laundry. DH did it all. I was sick all the time and thoroughly exhausted, though. Now, I'm still not feeling well, but ok enough to do a little bit here and there. And I still go to bed about 2 hours earlier than I did pre-pregnancy.
    imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ME! But mainly because I work in the mornings and I have afternoon/evening sickness so by the time I get off work it's all I can do to stumble into the house, throw down whatever I'm carrying and land on the couch. Good thing DH is a teacher and it's the end of the year so he's usually home around the same time to help with DD. Although the house being a mess doesn't bother him like it bothers me so he's not one to grab a clorox wipe....
  • imagejkfranklin:
    DH got sick of the house being a mess so he cleaned the other day. 

This is exactly what happened to me after about 2 weeks of not picking up the house- when I came home from a relief job last friday DH had picked up the living room and was folding the laundry- what a good guy!!  He didnt do the dishes of pick up the kitchen so I actually had the energy to do it yesterday so I cleaned the kitchen

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"