1st Trimester

Now what?

Good Morning Ladies -

I've been an avid lurker on the getting pregnant board for the past few months.  My husband and I were married this past January.  I stopped birth control mid January, yesterday I had a very, very faint line on a pregnancy test.  Teasted again this morning and that line was definitely more prominent. 

So I am here to ask you, now what?  This will be my first, obviously.  From reading previous posts it seems that I need to schedule a doc's appointment for a blood test to confirm, and then to I go back for further blood tests to ensure things are progressing.

Out yard saling with my sister-in-law, I've bought various pregnancy books, so it looks like I need to start reading.

Thank you in advance for your help and direction. 

Married 01.03.09 - - BFP 06.09.09 - - Baby 02.07.10 BFP #2 - - 08/27/10 - - HCG Levels 08/29/11 20,424 - - Ultrasound Measured 5 Wks 6 Days with a heartbeat! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Now what?

• Call your Dr.  Some do blood test to confirm and some don't.  Unless you have a previous history of m/c you will not get betas/continuing blood tests to confirm.

Most women seem to get their first u/s between 6-12 weeks.  Good luck.

?Transatlantic Blonde?
    it's called a kilt, he's scottish
  • Set doc appt, read books, enjoy and try not to stress.

Congrats!

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats! ?You are correct. ?You need to call to schedule an appointment. ?Don't be?surprised?if they schedule you when you are 8 weeks pregnant. ?I'm not sure of the reasoning, but this is common. ?It's nice to have an appointment scheduled though ahead of time. ?

?When I found out I was pregnant, I found thebump by accident. ?I looked over the posts. ?I bought the What to Expect book. ?There are over the counter pre-natal vitamins. ?You may want to start taking them. ?I've been taking the Flintstones vitamins because I have been so sick and can't swallow the large pills. ?

?Hope this is helpful! ?Good luck!?

Due 10/7/18
    DS 1- 2010, DS 2- 2013
  • Well, definitely call your doctor to schedule your first appointment. But not all doctors do blood tests, most unless you have a history of m/c or doing fertility treatment will not do a blood test to confirm. Home pregnancy tests are pretty reliable, so most doctors take it as you being pregnant (as should you).
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"