Infertility

Early Ovulation - follistim

Im on day 7 of  300 follistim and just got a positive opk. Nurse told me not to do Ovidrel and go to RE office in the morning. I had 2 12's and an 11 on Friday and Im worried that without Ovidrel only 1 follicle will release. Anyone know if this is the case? To make matters worse I told him we have to BD today and he tells me he just "did it" himself! Im so pi**ed off! Now I have to wait a few hours and hope he can produce something.Timing sucks!
1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Early Ovulation - follistim

• I'm not on nearly as much Follistim as you are...but I ovualted early on my last cycle. My follies (5 of them) all under 12....so we canceled IUI and tried the old fashioned way...although I did use my Ovidrel. HTH!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Everything should release...it does normally for you, right?  If you're prone to get cysts, I could see your concern.  But really the ovidrel is mainly used to time the ovulation better so your chances increase.  Its not that it makes all the follies go...in fact I think I have seen ladies use ovidrel and still get a cyst the next cycle.  Maybe next cycle you should discuss getting something to stop you from ovulating until your follies all get the right size.  Just remember you will ovulate all including all the little ones that aren't mature...that happens every cycle of your life...its just the meds make more of those little follies mature instead of normally just having 1 dominant one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks Jcombs! When I saw you were on I was hoping I would get an answer from you. Im pretty upset with my RE because I tend to O early so last month I asked my RE if I could use something to keep this from happening and he said no.
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ovidrel should release all follies. Try not to stress out, easier said than done!
  • Ginger67, I see you are in Chicago. Can I ask which RE you are seeing?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I go to Dr S*ipe at FCI. Who do you go to?
  • Thanks for the info!  

(I responded in detail to your page.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ask your RE what ganilrex does then?  If it doesn't hold off ovulation, then I guess a lot of us ladies on here are taking an expensive medication for absolutely no reason!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"