3rd Trimester

I had my baby a month early!

Anthony is doing great! He was born exactly one month early at 4 lbs 12 oz 18 inches. He was in the special care nursery for one week and he was breathing and feeding on his own the whole time! He did so well that they released him earlier than expected and he has gained a whole pound in one week! He is now 6 lbs!

The delivery was SOOOOOOO FAST! My water broke at 3am and I had no pain at all. I was in complete denial and thought I was going to be "that girl" who went to the hosptal and I had peed myself! Little did we know that by 5:49 am he was here!!!! I went from no pain to contractions every 30 seconds. I skipped the long part of labor before transition. No time for the epidural (which i was ALL ABOUT) and did it without the meds. I still cant believe that! Only pushed for about 30 minutes!

I had chosen to breastfeed, but he wasnt mature enough to latch on for long so I am attached to the pump :( This part I hate but he is getting everything he needs and we are planning to introduce the premie formula tonight. At least it gave my DH the chance to take turns with me to feed him. He is daddy of the year! Thank GOD for that!

I was producing above and beyond what he needed and had a fridge full of pumped milk bags but now I am only a bag or so ahead so I am ready break the ties from the pump soon!  

I will post a pic in a few minutes!

Re: I had my baby a month early!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"