3rd Trimester

VENT! Almost went to jail last night... sort of. (LONG)

I just about killed my roommate last night.  DH and I have been graciously allowing his friend to live with us until he gets his PCS orders back to Ohio (both are in the Army).  I've posted previously about how rude he is and that he trashes our house and whatnot.  Well he's supposed to leave sometime this week but has not once told us when.  He's been gone pretty much the entire time he's  been home from the field (he was gone for a month).  He came home the day before yesterday and slept all day, then when DH and I came back from running some errands, he was packing up all his stuff.  Here's where it gets sticky.. We've been using his bed and dresser for now because ours is still in Iowa (long story) and I'm going back to get it next week when I go to my baby shower.  Well, we knew that he was going to want it back before he left, but he never told us when he was going to leave.  We were at home doing NOTHING all night the night that he was packing.  Well, I get home from work yesterday at about 3:30 in the afternoon, walk into my room to plop down on my bed because I was exhausted.  I tripped over all the clothes that he dumped out of his dresser all over the floor.  The dresser and bed were both gone.  I don't mind that he took his stuff back, it was his, but I do mind the indecency in which it was taken.  My underwear was dumped all over the room along with the rest of our clothes.  We had ultrasound pictures on top of the dresser and those were all over the floor and had been stepped on.  The blankets and sheets were ripped off the bed and thrown around the room.  Honestly, it was a disaster.  I was absolutely furious.  Could he not have told us that he needed it back the night before so that we could organize everything and get stuff worked out?  He still had some boxes in our house and DH and I were soo tempted to just put them out in the front lawn in the rain and tell him to leave the keys under the mat.  We didn't because we are decent people. 

All of this, AND the fact that he has been disrespectful all along?  He still owes us $150 from last month and has torn apart our house.  He turns the A/C on and leaves the windows open, he leaves lights on all over the house, etc.  He even came home from the field and dumped his dirty Army stuff all over baby clothes and whatnot.  And NOW, I had our receipt for our travel system taped to the top of the box in case it doesn't fit in our car (snugride 32).  Well, in his mascarade of ruining our organization, he has lost it and probably thrown it away.  I'm now terrified that it won't fit and we're going to be screwed.  Needless to say, I'm absolutely furious and if he had come home last night, I probably would be in jail right now.

Vent over, sorry it was so long...

Re: VENT! Almost went to jail last night... sort of. (LONG)

• That's awful.  Some people are so inconsiderate.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,wedding countdown
  • OMG .....Wow girl, he is a lucky man that he didnt come home last night. What a d!ck! I would have a big *** session all planned out for him when i saw him. And its so shitty that you guys opened your home to him and this is what he does to you. The stomping of the ultrasound pics would be grounds for murder.........
  • Loading the player...
  • Pregnant or not, I would be throwing punches! I would totally be in jail myself. Wow! What a ARSE!  At least he is out of your hair now.
  • That is terrible!  I am lucky to have never had roommates like that!  As for your travel system...if it ends up not fitting, and you can't find the receipt, I would contact his leadership and explain what happened, and they might help you get him to pay for the exchange.  If the mess is still there, take a few pictures for proof.  People like him just don't deserve to have their cake and eat it too.  You and your hubby seem to be so decent in letting him be your roommate, and he seems to be so ungracious!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sherpasherpa member
    Um, he wouldn't be getting those few boxes he left until he explained himself, apologized, returned his key, paid for the locks to be changed, and paid me my $150. ?What a f-wad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • wow, that's awful! i don't think i would have handled that very well. hopefully he apologizes, or your DH shouldn't be friends with him anymore.
  • What a jacka$$ ! See what happens when you try to be the better people.  Was your travel system on your registery ? If not, put it on.., most places will use that as your reciept, incase it was a gift & the giver didn't give you the reciept.
  • Sorry to hear, but hopefully he is out of your hair now.
  • Nice or not, I would have thrown his stuff outside and hoped the rain, or someone in need of them got to them. how disgusting.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would and still would find him and punch him in the face!!!!!!

What did your husband say?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"