3rd Trimester
Options

So not the glamorous pregnant lady...(vent)

I thought I would be. Every single part of me is HUGGGGEEE from my feet to my forehead (yes--I swear even my forehead has gained weight). I can no longer "dress cute" I am permantly in my XL maternity black target gouchos and whatever clean maternity top that fits. I can no longer wear regular shoes because my feet are so swollen. Thank GOD it is summer time and I can get away with wearing flip flops...every single place I go. Even my JOB has allowed me to wear flip flops......I look at other pregnant women and am envious that not only are they smaller but the actually fit in maternity clothes.....((sobbing))

Everywhere I go it seems someone makes a fat comment and it is starting to get to me.

6 weeks to go. 6 weeks to go. 6 weeks to go. 6 weeks to go.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So not the glamorous pregnant lady...(vent)

• Options
    Aww!  Don't let ignorant people get to you!  Just smile and ignore them! 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Leah - 6.28.09

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lorelei - 4.23.11

Books Read:
    2013 - 4
    2012 - 50 2011 - 47 2010 - 57
    2009 - 71 2008 - 108 2007 - 33
  • Options
    I just realized i have like ZERO tops that cover my belly anymore! i have resorted to long summer dresses and flip flops! I dont even think about wearing anything else. You are right though, the gauchos are the only pants I can wear anymore. It will be OK they will be here before you know it and we wont have to worry about this anymore!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    if you feel bad why not buy some clothes that fit.
  • Options
    Awww...I understand the feeling seriously....My SIL is this teeny tiny petite thing...she gained a total of 24 lbs while pregnant and didn't have any swelling! She wore her wedding ring when she gave birth even! And here I am in all my glory with my 35 lbs I've gained....MIL thinks I've gained too much compaired to her precious little girl... and I'm swollen out of my mind! Lets start a club!
  • Options

I feel the same way.. I wont even go and by new clothes cause I get depressed.. The shirts barely cover my hugh A** belly....

i get the comments too and I just cry almost... Or i just laugh then go cry...

• Options
    I'm sorry, I have days I feel like that, too. I am sure you look good. We are all our worst critic. And when you see that baby, you'll see it was all worth it :)
  • Options

I don't believe its just you!  I am also starting to struggle with what to wear.  Dresses and flip flops are the only things I feel kind of pretty in and thats because its stretchy. 

Just keep reminding yourself that you're carrying your little love in your belly and soon he/she will be out in your arms!

• Options

imageCubsGirlNYC:

the poor girl just got done saying that she is stuck in xl elastic waist maternity pants.......i think the point of this post might have been to let us know that "buying clothes that fit" might not really be an option right now.....

• Options
    imagekelsieallyn:

imageCubsGirlNYC:

the poor girl just got done saying that she is stuck in xl elastic waist maternity pants.......i think the point of this post might have been to let us know that "buying clothes that fit" might not really be an option right now.....

I wasn't trying to be rude, sorry it came across that way, I guess I didn't think about it too much.

• Options
    I promise you're not the only one who feels this way! Every day I wear DH's big, old, ratty gym shorts and pray for a clean top that covers my belly. I don't even remember the last time I got dressed and felt cute. Hang in there, we're so close to being done!
  • Options

imageCubsGirlNYC:

Honestly, because I have 5/6 weeks left of this pregnancy and there are so many other things I would rather spend my money on then clothes for myself that will only fit for less than 2 months. It just isn't worth buying more maternity clothes at this point.

• Options
    My feet just started to swell yesterday. They are freakin huge right now. Total cankles! I work in a law firm so they are not as slack about the dress code but I only have one week left so I figure what is the worst they can do if I dress in flip flops and comfy clothes. I am so done with this heat. My house was 29 degrees Celsius when I went to bed last night. I am dying of heat!
    Pregnancy Ticker NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagegwenadella:

imageCubsGirlNYC:

Honestly, because I have 5/6 weeks left of this pregnancy and there are so many other things I would rather spend my money on then clothes for myself that will only fit for less than 2 months. It just isn't worth buying more maternity clothes at this point.

totally get it and as I said to someone else above, I wasn't trying to be rude, sorry that it seemed that way. hope you feel better.

• Options
    yeah there gets a point where I think I'd rather squeeze into what I have til I have the baby and spend the money on clothes after for my post preg figure :)
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I saw a few friends yesterday that I haven't seen for a couple of months and all they could comment about was how huge I looked. Um thanks for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"