Multiples

If you've ALREADY had your twins - weight?

I'm not obsessing about it, but how much weight did you gain and at what week did you deliver?  I asked my OB and he wouldn't tell me, he didn't want me to freak out.  I know I could've pushed, but figured he'd let me know if I needed to gain more or slow down.  I have a goal amount in mind (which I think is a healthy number), but I'd like to compare to see if I'm too high, too low, or in the normal range.  TIA.

Re: If you've ALREADY had your twins - weight?

• 71 lbs, delivered 8lb babies at 38w5d.
    R E A D S 5 D E A R S
  • gained 45 lbs., delivered 35w6d, babies weighed 5 lbs. 3 oz. & 4 lbs. 9 oz.

no NICU time for either?

• Loading the player...
  • gained 50lbs, delivered at 36w,6d - 5lbs,14oz and 5lbs,16oz

I lost 40lbs in the first week after delivery so that was all baby, fluid

My OB had no problem telling me that I needed to gain at least 40lbs for twins but 50lbs would be better....he liked that I gained at least a pound per week.

• 36 lbs at 27 wks but I had pre-eclampsia and had SO much water weight.  I'd already lost 20lbs 2 days after delivery.
  • 35lbs, delivered at 36w4d. My girls were IUGR so they were 3lbs 12oz and 3lbs 13oz.
  • I had gained 45lbs. the week before I delivered them so I'm thinking I was probably more like 50lbs. at delivery.  I delivered at 30w3d and they were 3lbs.7oz. and 3lbs.13oz.

• I only gained 40lbs and delivered at 36w6d.
  • I gained 38 lbs. and delivered @ 35w. 1d. each baby weighed 5lbs. 6oz. no NICU time, and lost 28lbs. before leaving the hospital 4 days after delivery.
  • I gained 74 lbs. I delivered at 36w6d and babies were 6lbs 13ozs & 5lbs 15 ozs. I've lost 45lbs. so far 2 weeks out.

• I gained 20 lbs, a good part of which was water weight at the end from pre-e.  I am not the norm though, because I was very overweight to begin with and I had severe morning sickness which made caused me to struggle to eat right up to the very end in spite of taking Zofran.  I delivered at 37 weeks and the girls were 4 lbs 3 oz and 5lbs.  2 weeks aftering delivering I was 20 lbs below my pre-pg weight.
    ~Alyssa~
    Isabella and Caitlin
    Wheee!
    Our Blog
  • I gained 39 pounds and delivered at 36w2d.  My boys were 4 lbs 6 oz and 5 lbs 9 oz.  Kaden who was 4 lbs 6 oz needed 24 hours in NICU due to his low weight.  Both boys were discharged when I was discharged.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 46 lbs, delivered at 32w so i was on track to gain 50+ had i gone to term. i am pretty sure i left the hospital at least 20 lbs lighter, 2 days pp!
  • I gained 54 lbs and delivered at 37w6d. The boys were 6.10 and 6.7. Dr. Luke recommends gaining 40-56 lbs for a twin pregnancy if you start out normal weight. She has detailed guidelines with how many lbs/wk to gain at what point in pregnancy in her book, When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads. I found it very helpful.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I gained 30 lbs delivered at 36 weeks and left the hospital 34 lbs lighter than when I went in.  My boys were 5 4 and 5 9.   BUT I have put on some more weight now. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I haven't had mine yet, but at my last appt at 33w, 2d I had gained 24 pounds and the boys measured 5lb. and 5lb. 2 oz.

• I gained 27 and my girls were born at 30 weeks....I HAD gained 35, but I lost some weight while I was in the hospital (admitted at 21.5 weeks for a rescue cerclage and PTL) (10 pounds) and in the 9 1/2 weeks that I was on BR I only gained 2 pounds back. :(
  • My OB wanted me to gain between 35-50 for my entire pregnancy.
  • I gained a lot! I told her not to tell me anymore after 50 lbs!

I gained 75 lbs total, delivered 36 wks 4.6 lb and 5.3 lb

I lost 30 in the hospital before we left and all but 15 in the next 6 months. ?

• Somewhere around 60 when I delivered at 38w2d.  A TON of it was water and I was down 50 in 7 days and the other 10 by my official due date.  I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as the babies are growing.
    After a PCOS dx, 18 months of trying, 3 rounds of clomid and 2 follistim IUIs our babies are here!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 32lbs and I delivered at 32w1d
  • Stopped counting when I passed 60 lbs. I delivered at 37 w 5 d. Babies were 7lbs 6oz and 7lbs 8oz.
  • 60-65lbs at 39w+

The babies were 6lb13oz each. Lost all the weight.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ok so my goal of 50 or a few pounds less is reasonable then?  I figured I gained 25 with my DS, so 2 babies, twice the weight.
  • I'm "that" girl who only gained 11 lbs and delivered 37 week healthy 5.8lb babies. ?Totally not the norm :) ?I was pretty sick for the first half of my pregnancy.
  • I gained 60 (but didnt ask for the finally tally until my one week follow up appt - I just didnt want to know the truth while I was still pg).

My boys were 5lbs 7oz and 5lbs 14oz and were born at 35wk3d.  I lost 30 lbs in the first week alone and so far I'm down 40. 

TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
    3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
    6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
    IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
    TTC #3 since February 2010
    FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
    IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I gained 27 lbs and my babies were born at 35w5d at 5lbs 5 oz and 5lbs 4 oz. 
  • I ganed 37 pounds, delivered at 37w1d, babies weighed 5lb 8 oz and 5lb 14 oz, neither of them needed NICU time. 
  • I gained 41 pounds and delivered at 37w3d.  My babies were 6 pounds 9 ounces & 6 pounds even.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I gained 55 lbs and delivered two healthy 4lb 13oz babies at 34 weeks
  • I gained 42 lbs. and delivered at 36w5d.  My girls were 5,11 and 5,7.   I lost all of the weight within a month of delivery - and I've never been one to lose weight easily.
  •  

I gained 40 pounds.  I delivered at 37 weeks and the girls were over 7 pounds each.  I had lost all the weight by my 6 week postpartum visit.

• I gained 55 pounds, and my boys were 6 lbs and 7 lbs 4 oz, delivered at 38 wks, no NICU
  • According to my doctor I gained no weight and at my last visit before delivery I was actually down a pound.

I delivered my boys at 38 weeks exactly.  They weighted 6 lbs 9 oz and 7 lb 9 oz.

As of today I am down 24 pounds pre-pregnancy.

I threw up every morning the entire pregnancy - sometimes several times a day.  I am also overweight to start.

But I was told going in at 12 weeks when we found out it was twins to only gain 10-15 pounds.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"