2nd Trimester
Options

MIL

My Father in law was supposed to go over to our house today to figure out what is wrong with our AC.  It wont work  :  (  Well apparently the MIL went along for the ride!  She just sent me an email saying they were home AND..... she said...... " Dont get mad but I did some cleaning in your kitchen while waiting on dad."  I may sound ungrateful but if I wanted her to clean my kitchen I would ASK.  I am one of those people that thinks it is NOT MY PLACE TO do that type of thing in someone elses home.  That is my domain.  Leave it alone!   My husband was raised with her doing EVERYTHING for him, he had NO chores,  NO responsibilities, She cleaned his room, did all his laundry even put it in his drawers, did his dishes, cooked every meal for him! She even did all this for him when he was moved out!.  And since this was all DONE for him he expects that of me!  I let him know that it bothers me and I ask him all the time to help me out.   I sent her a reply that said "Thanks, It is hard to keep up with everything when you dont have any help" OMG thanks for letting me vent! 
IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MIL

• Options
    There would be a big problem if my MIL cleaned my house when I wasn't there. That is all.
  • Options
    I feel your pain! Way to keep the drama from starting though with your very polite reply. I am having similar feelings at the moment, and am right there with you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't have been thrilled about that either!
  • Options

Omigosh I feel the same way!!  I do not let my MIL in my house unsupervised! 

• Options
    I just dont know what to say to make both my husb and her understand to cut it out!  My husband will not say anything,  This has happened a few times before. I have told him I do not like it when she does this and he tells me that i am ungrateful! and i need to appreciate it!
  • Options
    imagekatee2184:

Omigosh I feel the same way!!  I do not let my MIL in my house unsupervised! 

Sorry for creepin' on the 2nd tri board, but I feel your pain!

• Options

yeah i wouldn't want mine in my house w/o me being there. i just know she'd be snooping. And well - I doubt she'd clean my house because mine is generally much cleaner than hers anyway. Unfortunately she also raised a son who doesn't care about a clean house or think its part of his responsibilities either. So annoying.

Is your hubby any better now that you are pregnant?

• Options
    The part that would burn me up is that she obviously KNEW it would upset you, given that she said "don't get mad, but..." and did it anyway!!
  • Options

I would think, 'wow, that's odd, but thanks'  If she stayed in the kitchen and did dishes I wouldn't be too upset, but if she ventured into the bedroom and made the bed and did the laundry then I wouldn't be happy.

My MIL is a total pig and lives in filth and I really don't have to worry about this so this is all hypothetical.

• Options

imagesara_smile:
    The part that would burn me up is that she obviously KNEW it would upset you, given that she said "don't get mad, but..." and did it anyway!!

Exactly!! ARGGHHHH ....... If I go home to a spotless kitchen.... I am gonna FLIP!!!!

• Options

I'd be pissed. 

Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Options

My MIL lives many states away, so she only comes on an annual basis at most.  However, she is obsessed with doing the laundry, and when she visits, she will do a load every other day.  Since she only has a small load after only being at our house for one day, she will start doing my laundry.  Very embarrassing!  I would much rather her clean my kitchen than folding my skivvies!

• Options
    imagekellys875:

yeah i wouldn't want mine in my house w/o me being there. i just know she'd be snooping. And well - I doubt she'd clean my house because mine is generally much cleaner than hers anyway. Unfortunately she also raised a son who doesn't care about a clean house or think its part of his responsibilities either. So annoying.

Is your hubby any better now that you are pregnant?

No : )

• Options

imageMrs. Niedfeldt:
    My Father in law was supposed to go over to our house today to figure out what is wrong with our AC.  It wont work  :  (  Well apparently the MIL went along for the ride!  She just sent me an email saying they were home AND..... she said...... " Dont get mad but I did some cleaning in your kitchen while waiting on dad."  I may sound ungrateful but if I wanted her to clean my kitchen I would ASK.  I am one of those people that thinks it is NOT MY PLACE TO do that type of thing in someone elses home.  That is my domain.  Leave it alone!   My husband was raised with her doing EVERYTHING for him, he had NO chores,  NO responsibilities, She cleaned his room, did all his laundry even put it in his drawers, did his dishes, cooked every meal for him! She even did all this for him when he was moved out!.  And since this was all DONE for him he expects that of me!  I let him know that it bothers me and I ask him all the time to help me out.   I sent her a reply that said "Thanks, It is hard to keep up with everything when you dont have any help" OMG thanks for letting me vent! 

From what my husband tells me, I will never have to worry about my MIL doing any cleaning for me.  Although I actually admit I wouldn't mind at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"