2nd Trimester

rude bumpies...

It was a simple question, and since it was about weight gain totals during the pregnancy and after, I didn't think that it was wrong to post it in 0-6months. But apparently a few people wanted to waste space and time by commenting on a previous post. And I should be grown up about it, and not respond childishly, but honestly.

if your opinon of someone's post is so negative, there's no need to respond. And It's not just happened to me. I've seen a post that had someone call another person all sorts of horrid names that was more than unneccessary. So (wow this turned into a Public Service Announcement) please consider what you're about to say to a person before you say it. Or comment on something or whatever.

Maybe you insensitive types have forgotten, but we are human too with feelings, and being pregnant just makes those feelings twice as sensitive to words. So yea...

I'm done

Re: rude bumpies...

• You are not going to change the dynamic of the boards. There are certain posts/questions that just automatically lend themselves to flaming - if you can't handle that from time to time, then don't post.?

?

• Isn't this the second time you've posted something like this?

Just ignore the comments you don't like.  Posting stuff like this only fuels the fire.

• Loading the player...
  • i completely understand what your talking about.. im very careful about what i post because when i was in my first trimester i posted something here on the 2nd trimester boards figuring the ladies here would know a little more and i got a couple very rude replies from 2 or 3 moms-to-be  which i didnt think was necessary .. guess some people are just insensitive... dont sweat it ;)
  • Just so you know, this isn't going to change anything.

• DD1: August 2009
    • DD2: December 2010
    • DS: August 2012
    • M/C 9/2013, 12/2013 
    • DD3: October 2014 - April 2015 Miss you baby girl.
    • Current Due date:  April 14, 2016
    Musings of a Farmer's Wife
  • I use to think like you but the dark side tempted me with cookies
  • imageMrsBeckO:

You are not going to change the dynamic of the boards. There are certain posts/questions that just automatically lend themselves to flaming - if you can't handle that from time to time, then don't post. 

THIS!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm actually surprised at how many nice comments you got, considering the way that weight posts are taken around here. ?

• Why are you complaining about it here? It was 0-6 that gave you grief so why take it out on 2nd tri? Not to mention that this board was surprisingly nice answering your owt post from earlier so I'd say you don't have much to yell about on here . . .Hmm
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Devil
  • sam19sam19 member
    uh, most of the women on 0-6 weren't even rude. Put on your big girl panties and get over it. Nobody wants to deal with your petty drama over here. Just stop posting stupid shiit and you won't get flamed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Stuff like that happens to everyone at least once. You just have to deal with it.

Posts like this aren't going to change anything.

• Now you know that weight posts are not popular.  Grow another layer of skin and you'll be just fine on these boards.
  • imageSoonToBeTabor:
    I use to think like you but the dark side tempted me with cookies

See - she was smart, she gave in AND she gets to eat cookies. That is using your noggin, this post however..... ?::yawn::?

• I totally hear you!  There are definitely some wicked B's around here.  They just need to shut their mouths and not write anything that they wouldn't say to your face. Honestly, their hormones must be super active.
  • ::rolls around in post::
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Did someone say cookies?
  • I personally find this whole situation very?comical!

A group on women all very?hormonal bullying on other hormonal women!LOL.... it is like being in High Schol again!

Maybe I find it more amusing because it is interesting how emotional ppl can get just by typed words on the internet. I guess it?demonstrates the evolving importance of internet communities as a form of social connections.....I guess the point is with online?communities?or in-person relationships,?there can be a?difference?in?opinions expressed respectfully versus a being rude and vindictive to someone else's feelings or genuine question/concern. ??

• I  know what you mean. I posted something about weight gain earlier on and that was my first and only post, because of all the rude comments I got back. There were some seriously down right mean women who responded, and I was completely appalled. I cannot believe how wretched some women are. Ya we're all pregnant but that's no excuse for just being outright mean to someone for a post that they chose to right. These women took time out of there day to write mean things back to me, it just doesn't make sense to me.... I definitely hope it gets better. MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!
  • imageSoonToBeTabor:
    I use to think like you but the dark side tempted me with cookies

cookies tend to be a great negotiation piece and often turns people...more so the double choco types...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"