Eco-Friendly Family

total rant. if i ever step foot into walmart again...

just shoot me; that's how hard up i would have to be to go there. i could just scream. i NEVER go to walmart (as in, 3 times in my life), but had to today to return gifts from lucy's b-day. huge mistake, first i could find only very few things to buy (and nothing in the baby section). finally i came across some martha stewart craft kits for older kids--good enough, i'll stick them away till she's older.?

?

go to check out. there's $9 remaining on my card. i ask to get it as cash. clerk says i have to go to customer service (downstairs). fine. go to customer service. ask for the $9 as cash. he says no, can't do that. i say it's california state law that gift card balances under $10 can be given as cash. he calls the manager. she says it's actually $5. okay--maybe i was wrong, but i'm pretty sure it's $10. whatever. i go grab a couple boxes of organic granola bars (which i swear were the only organic things in the whole store--i wasn't trying to be a food snob but we really don't eat much of what walmart sells).

get back to customer service. she's gone. original guy calls a new supervisor. i wait for 5 minutes for this person to show up. he tells me the rule is $2. he leaves. at this point, i am so f***ing pissed that i tell the customer service girl to just ring me up for a couple of more boxes of damn granola bars.

total remaining on my gift card: eighteen cents. i ask the ?girl for my balance as cash (at this point it's not about the money, but the principle). she says she can't do it, but she can call someone over. i just about died--lucy was at this point on her 2nd granola bar and was starting to whine--big time. i grabbed my crap and huffed out of there, tossing my .18 gift card on some random display.?

?

on the way out, the greeter asks to see my receipt. i totally understand why--i don't use plastic bags, didn't have a reusable and am now carrying 4 boxes of granola bars, 2 craft kits, a pack of glue sticks, my wallet, keys and lucy--looking like i'm just walking out of the store with my arms full of stolen goods. i tell her if she wants to get the receipt, she needs to dig it out of my pocket, lol. she does. lets me go.

i drive home, cursing the hell out of walmart. check the california gift card law as soon as i get in and find that it's $10--anything under and you can get your money as cash.

?

i want to call and complain but it's almost as if there's no point. i'm just disgusted with the whole thing--people should know their job and the information that comes with it. otherwise, someone else should be working. ?

if you read this, thanks. i had to get it all off my chest, and mh is not home yet. i feel better now. ?

Re: total rant. if i ever step foot into walmart again...

• It makes me sad that the only shirt I have found since dd was born that fits to nurse her in the ergo is from there. This makes me want to hit the outlets up next week in the quest for a shirt from any place other than there.
  • Good Lord.... you poor thing! This is just one of the reason's why I refuse to shop there!!
  • Loading the player...
  • CABunnyCABunny member

imageLady Galadriel:
    It makes me sad that the only shirt I have found since dd was born that fits to nurse her in the ergo is from there. This makes me want to hit the outlets up next week in the quest for a shirt from any place other than there.

Don't go outlet shopping without me!?

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • imageCABunny:

imageLady Galadriel:
    It makes me sad that the only shirt I have found since dd was born that fits to nurse her in the ergo is from there. This makes me want to hit the outlets up next week in the quest for a shirt from any place other than there.

Don't go outlet shopping without me! 

Okie Dokie, just let me know what day.
  • i wish i would have known that--i would have GIVEN you my giftcard when i couldn't find anything to buy! i thought about trying to sell it to a random person for $20 (it had $26 on it) but the?clientele at the hilltop location is just... scuzzy.??
  • imagetommigirle:
    i wish i would have known that--i would have GIVEN you my giftcard when i couldn't find anything to buy! i thought about trying to sell it to a random person for $20 (it had $26 on it) but the clientele at the hilltop location is just... scuzzy.
    That is so sweet of you.
  • That is SOOOOOOOO frustrating!!!

I wonder if other states have laws like that. I hate gift cards just for that reason - It's nearly impossible to use up the exact amount, so I either end up with a balance (so the store wins) or spending more to use it up (so the store wins).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wait... your Walmart has a downstairs? I've never seen a 2 story one...

Anyway, that really sucks. I hate Walmart, but with our budget constraints and where we live, it's really the best place to shop. UGG.

MKF?

• UUuuuuuuuugggggggghhhh.

I'm impressed you didn't have a full fledged tantrum at them.

Mother's Day, 2011
  • imageMrsKittieFantastico:

Wait... your Walmart has a downstairs? I've never seen a 2 story one...

Anyway, that really sucks. I hate Walmart, but with our budget constraints and where we live, it's really the best place to shop. UGG.

MKF?

?

yes, it's at a mall so it's the upstairs and downstairs. which makes it really?ridiculous?to try and put a kid in a shopping cart.?

• imageLady Galadriel:
    imageCABunny:

imageLady Galadriel:

Don't go outlet shopping without me!?

Okie Dokie, just let me know what day.

?

i'm in for the outlets!?

• UGH!  Good grief, woman, you deserve a medal.  I totally would have lost it.
  • Grrrrrrr!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I try to avoid Wal Mart at all costs. The one in my town is moving to another town and getting bigger. I really hope their old building gets turned into something good like Target or Whole Foods or something!
  • WHY DO PEOPLE THINK WALMART IS CHEAPER THAN ANY OTHER STORE?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It's because they cheap out on everything, including training and compensating their employees.  If you only made just over minimum wage and got a sh*tty schedule every week, would you give a rat's ass whether a gift card could be redeemed for cash for under $10?  Hellz no.

• walmart = satan Devil

you = angel Angel

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Ugh, I am so sorry.  They really need to hire people who know what they're doing, but that would mean they'd have to pay them more which they're not going to do.
  • I've been to WalMart once in my life, after a hurricane ravaged my grandparent's house and we were down there to help rebuild.  WalMart was the ONLY open food store in the town.

That said, I will NEVER step foot in one.  I have yet to hear about something GOOD happening because of one of those stores.  

Our Little Fur Family
    My Three Sons
    #1: 2.06 #2: 1.08 #3: 9.10

DS #3 diagnosed at birth with panhypopituitarism - lack of pituitary function. He is treated with thyroxine, hydrocortisone, growth hormone and testosterone.

• Uggghhhh! I am mad for you. Walmart is the worst.

One cashier tried to convince me that I was pregnant with twins (seriously) and that I should get checked again because "one might be hiding back there." Idiots.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"