Babies: 0 - 3 Months

FORMULA ?

my ds is 2, we are trying for # 2. when DS was little, i always warmed his Formula. well a couple of my friends have had babies, and they dont warm it. they serve it room temp, or cold!!!! WDYD? just curious to see if other people find this strange, or easier then warming a bottle up. TIA

Re: FORMULA ?

• DNK777DNK777 member
    I think warming it is strange.  Or at least a pita.  I usually give it to DD room temp.  Sometimes cold if I made the bottle ahead of time.
  • We always do room temp - never warm it up. Sooooooo much easier that way!
  • Loading the player...
  • betsnupbetsnup member
    I have never warmed a bottle for DS.  Most of them are room temp, although sometimes he gets them cold if he's too antsy.  He doesn't love a cold bottle, but he'll take it.
  • We do not warm - just serve it up at room temp. Now that he is in daycare they warm them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We serve our room temp.  I read that it is fine to serve room temp, cold or warmed.  I figured that way DS is used to it and if we are out and about I can make a bottle without trying to figure out how the heck to warm it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks ladies! i always hated warming it, it was sooo time consuming. im going to try to breastfeed with this one, but if i cant of course ill be using formula., and this time without warming it!! LOL

• We do it warm or at room temperature. She doesn't like it cold (straight out of the fridge).
  • DD gets her bottles right out of the fridge.  Not only is it easier for us to not have to warm it up, but this way when we're out and about we can just take her bottle out of the cooler bag and she'll eat it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS has gotten room temp and cold formula and BM.  He started getting BM cold very early (I had to EP for awhile) and I'm glad he got used to it.  It makes life SO much easier.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• We don't warm!! We fill all the bottles each night and let them sit at room temperature. Any doc I've ever known says that you don't need to warm it...it's when they get used to the warm milk that you have a problem! My inlaws (bless their hearts - they watch her 3x a week) were warming Gabrielle's bottles and we had to ask them to stop because it was making it tough for us! They just thought that's what you were supposed to do!!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"