Multiples

Anyone use Karo syrup for hard poops/contipation?

My DD goes poop every day and a half. It's usually soft and normal. This weekend it started getting a little hard and today it was ROCK HARD. I felt so bad for her. She ended up going twice today and the second time I had to take her temp with a rectal therm to help it out:( UGH...her tears break my heart. Anyways...doc wants me to give her Karo syrup in an ounce of formula. Anyone else do this.....did it work?

Thanks ladies!

Re: Anyone use Karo syrup for hard poops/contipation?

• RobynKRobynK member
    I've done this -- 2 tablespoons syrup with 4 oz water.  Mix and give 2 oz of the mix 2x per day.  (this is the "recipe" my pedi gave me).  It works, but it can take a while (a day or two) to really work.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We did 1tsp for every 4oz of formula/bm.  It really worked but as pp said it does take a day or two to really work.
  • Loading the player...
  • I found the Karo syrup to be very messy and the only way it worked for us was to add it to their baby food. It did work though. I added 1 tbsp. I don't know if it was a coincidence but L pooped about an hour after getting the Karo.

We put 1 tbsp prune juice in their bottles everyday and that keeps the constipation away!

• I did.  Works like a charm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"