Baby Names

Please ladies. Tell DH why we can NOT name the baby Caden!

He honestly doesn't know anything about the Aiden spinoffs trend.

Re: Please ladies. Tell DH why we can NOT name the baby Caden!

• Oh man, this one is one of those I really, really, ?really dislike.

1) Everyone keeps spelling it various ways.

2) He will be one of several in his grade/class.

3) It sounds made up.

4) It'll rhyme with his classmate's names! ?

5) Doesn't age well. (Yeah, I get some people think it will because it's popular. This is just my opinion ;) ?

6) Tell him it's too popular !

?

Maybe some of those will work...lol. :-P?

?

?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Whats the most popular name of his generation? Compare it to that maybe he will get it then? *or* have him log on to the babyname board, we'd be happy to tell him for you :)
  • Long A-den boy names have swamped the baby name market. It will be like a bad Twilight Zone episode, where he keeps thinking someone is whispering his name, and he turns around, and no one is even looking at him.

It's a proven theory that names that sound "good" to us when our baby is born, sound good because they are part of phonemic trends. That is why we have the -den names and all the Eva/Bella/Emma names right now. Those sounds are trendy. That is also why I told another Bumpy that some people will dislike her choice of Austin, because it was part of an earlier trend, which now sounds "dated" to our ears.?

We think we are being unique by choosing the new trend, until our LO gets to school and has 5 other kids in their class with the same name.?

• tct1219tct1219 member
    i have a friend who named her baby caden (he's about 6 months) and she recently told me she hates it and regrets naming him that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Because! It's....eww.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • tell him you are the boss and this is just how it's going to be!!! :) GL!
  • uh oh!! i know what you mean. i think that anything that stems from "Aiden" is waaaaay too popular. i hope that you can somehow talk him into this!! just randomly tell him that you know a girl at work who named her daughter or son something to do w. the name Aiden, or Kayden, or Brayden, or Jadyn. Maybe that will work! My hubby is easily turned off by names that are over popular!! Good luck!! :]
  • not to mention- it will probably be a girl's name in about 2-3 years :)
    EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• Oh, I forgot another reason! lol.

The mn is set on Brady, right? Another good reason is that Caden Brady is a lot of the same "a" sound. Doesn't really flow.?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • because today's trendy names are tomorrow's old people names. Before you know it, caden is going to sound like earl, seymour, and hermon to the ears of later generations.
  • Because the name is horrible. Lately all the Caden's I've heard of are girls. If it was my DH all I'd have to say is "I doubt you'll ever see an MLB pitcher (insert whichever sport DH loves the most) with the first name Caden"
  • ick, my DH liked this name too and I told him any aiden names were out. I know 3 people named Kaeden Cadyn, Kayden and two are a boy one is a girl.?
  • imageMrs.Carlybella:
    not to mention- it will probably be a girl's name in about 2-3 years :)

Oh don't worry, I recently just met a beautiful little 3 year old girl.. named Kayden. Very disappointing ;)

• LMS05LMS05 member
    Yuck. My brother and SIL are naming their son Caden. Ugh...
  • It's the "Corey" of the 00's. 
  • tct1219tct1219 member
    ooh i thought of one, just tell him kids will call him gay-den. i seriously doubt they would but that should be enough to make him think twice.
  • imagetct1219:
    ooh i thought of one, just tell him kids will call him gay-den. i seriously doubt they would but that should be enough to make him think twice.

LOL! Great ideas, everyone! I think the girl name thing will do the trick. I didn't know there were so many girl Cadens! I'll use "Gayden" as the final punch.

• I like the name Caden.... sorry.
  • DH never liked these names, but once we started talking about how popular they are, we hear them EVERYWHERE. You should take him to places where there are kids (Baby Gap, the zoo, etc) and he can hear all the parents calling "Aiden!" or related names. We have a hard time not cracking up.
  • Its the new Mike/David/Josh.. everyone and their dad has the name!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"