Eco-Friendly Family

Diva cup reviews, please

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diva cup reviews, please

• I've been using it for a little over a year now and I can't imagine going back to tampons!!
  • I used the Diva for my last period/miscarriage (didn't realize it was a miscarriage til I was bleeding red 8 days in... kinda weird since my period started 8dpo).  Anyway.  I like it.  It holds a lot more than tampons and doesn't give you that dry feeling that tampons can.  I got the size 2, obviously, though I wish they had a size 3.  Maybe I'm the exception or something, but I guess I'm so stretched out down there and my muscles aren't strong enough so that no matter how far I insert the cup, it always falls so the stem and bottom of the cup are RIGHT at my vaginal opening.  This is not comfortable sometimes because the stem (which I did trim) rubs me the wrong way.  I'm doing kegels in the hope that next cycle will be better.

All that said though, I DO like it and I would recommend it :)

• Loading the player...
  • It didn't work for me, though I keep trying.  Doesn't hold enough for the 2-3 days I need it (lasts about an hour or two, and is too much of a pain to be worth it for that short a time), and I'm not willing to mess with it the rest of the time when it actually would be ok for the 12 hours other ladies get out of it.  It makes me sad, because I would really like something like this to work :(
  • I'ved used i for the last 4 months now (PP) and LOVE it. I feel like I'm still in a bit of a learning curve, but still WAY better than tampons!!
  • You should also ask for reviews on Money Matters -- a lot of the women there use it.
  • imagejehan:
    It didn't work for me, though I keep trying.  Doesn't hold enough for the 2-3 days I need it (lasts about an hour or two, and is too much of a pain to be worth it for that short a time), and I'm not willing to mess with it the rest of the time when it actually would be ok for the 12 hours other ladies get out of it.  It makes me sad, because I would really like something like this to work :(

According to this site, the Lunette holds another 6 ml.

I voted 'other' as I would most definitely own a menstrual cup of some sort, but I have only had one period in the past year and it lasted a day. If I can ever start ovulating again, I'm all for trying one, as several friends and family rave about it. Very EFF, very cost efficient, much less waste and no pesticides or chemicals. Sounds good to me.

• I like the idea but haven't tried the Diva I tried Instead cups right before I was pregnant and they were wonderful.  I will never use a tampon again.
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• jen5-03jen5-03 member
    imagetreesapplaud:

imagejehan:
    It didn't work for me, though I keep trying.  Doesn't hold enough for the 2-3 days I need it (lasts about an hour or two, and is too much of a pain to be worth it for that short a time), and I'm not willing to mess with it the rest of the time when it actually would be ok for the 12 hours other ladies get out of it.  It makes me sad, because I would really like something like this to work :(

According to this site, the Lunette holds another 6 ml.

I voted "love" as I've used a cup for 10 years now. But I've never used a Diva brand one. I had a Keeper, and just moved to a Lunette because of that larger capacity. I empty it first thing morning, before lunch, before leavin work/early evening, & before bed. No way could I get 12hr. But in a public restroom I just wipe it off, no rinsing.

- Jena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"