Babies: 0 - 3 Months

I would really like to go back and redo that whole 1st week/1st month of mommyhood

Now that I know what I should have done, what would have made it easier, I want another shot at it!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: I would really like to go back and redo that whole 1st week/1st month of mommyhood

• don't we all?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • are you serious? ?I want my next baby to come out a month late. ?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You can always have another kid! Indifferent

So do tell.....what is this secret knowledge that you have......

• I want to relive my labor experience. Those first 3 weeks home though- never! They were so tough. I'm thinking I had the baby blues or something because I was SO depressed.
  • For sure. I would have relaxed about things a lot more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • Yep I'd sleep and bump all day long instead of trying to entertain him...I guess that is what the 2nd child is for lol.
  • I feel the same way.
  • Wow not me!!  I miss how tiny she was but it was a rough period for us, lots on missed sleep, kinda like or night are turning into now again.....
  • Agreed.  It would have been MUCH easier had I known then what I know now.

I would also like to have another shot at labor.  I'm looking forward to my next pregnancy.

• I totally agree.  It seemed so rough in the beginning but now that I have the hang of it and know what to expect, I want to re-do!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJenG329:
    are you serious? I want my next baby to come out a month late.

I am with you.  I don't see how changing anything would have made the first month better. 

• Q from 3rd trier:

So besides a pp saying relax more, what else would you all have done differently now that you know?

tia!

• I would have gone home from the hospital and gotten into bed w/ my DD for the first week and not moved (and kicked DH out to the guest room too).  Nursing was soo hard the first few days that I eventually gave it up, people give you all these ridiculous guidelines about how many minutes they should be on each boob, how often you need to change the diapers, and I kept trying to put DD down so I could sleep.  What I should have done was  co-slept with her, and let her be on me 99% of the time instead
  • I would have gone home from the hospital and gotten into bed w/ my DD for the first week and not moved (and kicked DH out to the guest room too).  Nursing was soo hard the first few days that I eventually gave it up, people give you all these ridiculous guidelines about how many minutes they should be on each boob, how often you need to change the diapers, and I kept trying to put DD down so I could sleep.  What I should have done was  co-slept with her, and let her be on me 99% of the time instead of
  • I would have gone home from the hospital and gotten into bed w/ my DD for the first week and not moved (and kicked DH out to the guest room too).  Nursing was soo hard the first few days that I eventually gave it up, people give you all these ridiculous guidelines about how many minutes they should be on each boob, how often you need to change the diapers, and I kept trying to put DD down so I could sleep.  What I should have done was  co-slept with her, and let her be on me 99% of the time instead of fighting
  • I would have gone home from the hospital and gotten into bed w/ my DD for the first week and not moved (and kicked DH out to the guest room too).  Nursing was soo hard the first few days that I eventually gave it up, people give you all these ridiculous guidelines about how many minutes they should be on each boob, how often you need to change the diapers, and I kept trying to put DD down so I could sleep.  What I should have done was  co-slept with her, and let her be on me 99% of the time instead of fighting it
  • I would have gone home from the hospital and gotten into bed w/ my DD for the first week and not moved (and kicked DH out to the guest room too).  Nursing was soo hard the first few days that I eventually gave it up, people give you all these ridiculous guidelines about how many minutes they should be on each boob, how often you need to change the diapers, and I kept trying to put DD down so I could sleep.  What I should have done was  co-slept with her, and let her be on me 99% of the time instead of fighting it and
  • I would have gone home from the hospital and gotten into bed w/ my DD for the first week and not moved (and kicked DH out to the guest room too).  Nursing was soo hard the first few days that I eventually gave it up, people give you all these ridiculous guidelines about how many minutes they should be on each boob, how often you need to change the diapers, and I kept trying to put DD down so I could sleep.  What I should have done was  co-slept with her, and let her be on me 99% of the time instead of fighting it and tyring
  • I would have gone home from the hospital and gotten into bed w/ my DD for the first week and not moved (and kicked DH out to the guest room too).  Nursing was soo hard the first few days that I eventually gave it up, people give you all these ridiculous guidelines about how many minutes they should be on each boob, how often you need to change the diapers, and I kept trying to put DD down so I could sleep.  What I should have done was  co-slept with her, and let her be on me 99% of the time instead of fighting it and trying
  • I would have gone home from the hospital and gotten into bed w/ my DD for the first week and not moved (and kicked DH out to the guest room too).  Nursing was soo hard the first few days that I eventually gave it up, people give you all these ridiculous guidelines about how many minutes they should be on each boob, how often you need to change the diapers, and I kept trying to put DD down so I could sleep.  What I should have done was  co-slept with her, and let her be on me 99% of the time instead of fighting it and trying to
  • I would have gone home from the hospital and gotten into bed w/ my DD for the first week and not moved (and kicked DH out to the guest room too).  Nursing was soo hard the first few days that I eventually gave it up, people give you all these ridiculous guidelines about how many minutes they should be on each boob, how often you need to change the diapers, and I kept trying to put DD down so I could sleep.  What I should have done was  co-slept with her, and let her be on me 99% of the time instead of fighting it and trying to get
  • I would have gone home from the hospital and gotten into bed w/ my DD for the first week and not moved (and kicked DH out to the guest room too).  Nursing was soo hard the first few days that I eventually gave it up, people give you all these ridiculous guidelines about how many minutes they should be on each boob, how often you need to change the diapers, and I kept trying to put DD down so I could sleep.  What I should have done was  co-slept with her, and let her be on me 99% of the time instead of fighting it and trying to get her
  • I would have gone home from the hospital and gotten into bed w/ my DD for the first week and not moved (and kicked DH out to the guest room too).  Nursing was soo hard the first few days that I eventually gave it up, people give you all these ridiculous guidelines about how many minutes they should be on each boob, how often you need to change the diapers, and I kept trying to put DD down so I could sleep.  What I should have done was  co-slept with her, and let her be on me 99% of the time instead of fighting it and trying to get her to
  • I would have gone home from the hospital and gotten into bed w/ my DD for the first week and not moved (and kicked DH out to the guest room too).  Nursing was soo hard the first few days that I eventually gave it up, people give you all these ridiculous guidelines about how many minutes they should be on each boob, how often you need to change the diapers, and I kept trying to put DD down so I could sleep.  What I should have done was  co-slept with her, and let her be on me 99% of the time instead of fighting it and trying to get her to sleep
  • imageKathrynMD:

Now that I know what I should have done, what would have made it easier, I want another shot at it!

PLEASE educate me based on your experience.  What would you have done differently?

BabyFruit Ticker DS #1 Born 5/19/2009 Sunshine in my life! DS #2 Born 6/3/2011 at 26 weeks, 4 days; passed away 6.5 hours later Transabdominal cerclage placed 4/16/2012 BFP 6/20/12!!!
  • You're nuts.  That first month is the only reason I don't want another baby yet.
  • lemen99lemen99 member
    not me!  First month is full of guessing games!
  • imageadamwife:
    You're nuts.  That first month is the only reason I don't want another baby yet.

This EXACLTY

• We know so much more now about what to expect - but also, I got really messed up w/ BF at the hospital, and only made it with EBF until 3 1/2 weeks.  (We're still going, but most of DD's food comes from formula.)  Now that I know how to do it, I think next baby will be easier - still not looking forward to that first month, but I agree, if I could do it again knowing what we know now, I'd love to start over with DD.

then again... here she is napping like an angel at 7 weeks, after sleeping from her 1 AM feed until her 7 AM feed.  So who am I to complain right now??

• This is why you have #2...and it IS much easier.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"