3rd Trimester

When did you lose you MP ?

and how did you know you lost it ?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did you lose you MP ?

• alathamalatham member
    I have not lost mine to my knowledge. It could have occurred in one of my many pees in the middle of the night, but I doubt it.
    BFP 11/20/2012. Missed MC on 12/26/2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not this time, but with DS I lost it at 36 weeks.  And there was no mistaking it, it was a huge bloody glob of snot-looking stuff.  I went into labor at 38 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • I lost mine at 36 weeks 3 days-ish...I found part of it on my TP after wiping about an hour later
  • I haven't and I am a habitual TP checker.
  • I haven't.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't lost it yet, to my knowledge.   
  • With DD it was the night before I went into labor.  Its name adequately describes it.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I haven't lost it yet :(  I thought I may have missed it, but my doula and midwife both said you would know..not to be nasty..but they said when you wipe down there it would just feel a little slimey. 
  • 35 weeks both pg's. 

However didn't deliver DD until induction at 41 weeks last time.

• Two weeks ago tomorrow. It really doesn't mean too much.
  • I haven't lost it yet with this pregnancy, but with DS, I lost it on my due date after having contractions for about 2 hours or so. Like other posters said, it's hard to mistake...mine was a big gob (size of tampon) of blood tinged mucus. Some people lose theirs in pieces though over several days/weeks, so it may not be as noticeable.
  • ccmmkkccmmkk member
    I haven't yet either.
  • 37 weeks, looks like snot.
  • At my 37 week checkup, my midwife happened to pull it out!!!
  • I started losing mine yesterday. If I wasn't watching I wouldn't have noticed it for what it was. So far it's just been some very small pieces.
  • This quesiton might get more response on 0-6 months.

I havent lost mine yet. Might not lose it till right before?

• eaa18eaa18 member
    Oh man, I dont know why but I have been having nightmares about my MP, my PG frind and have been talking about it and both dont really know what to expect, then the next night i had this dream where i had all this bloody slime (an extreme amount) like that slime goop you can buy for kids at the store, and I was exploring it because I wasnt fully convinced it was my MP, but what else could it have been? Dreams are weird these days...
  • With my DD I lost it at 33 weeks 5 days to be exact and she was born exactly at 36 weeks......so about two weeks before I went into labor. Who knows this time! Hopefully not earlier. Mine wasn't bloody though, it just looked like a big glob :)
  • I lost mine at 34 weeks exactly.  At my 36 week appointment I was 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  You lose it as your cervix dilates and effaces--which we all know can happen pretty much anytime and doesn't mean a whole lot as far as impending labor is concerned.  The one exception seems to be if you have blood tinged mucous which signifies that the cervix may have dilated at a faster rate (and broke some blood vessels in the process), which is more correlated with the initiation of labor.

My plug was a 2 in. x 1/2 in. blob of yellow gelatinous mucous .  My midwife said my body would continue to create more mucous because it continues to try to protect the uterus, but if you're dilated enough, the mucous produced just falls through and comes out.  I've been having a pretty consistent flow of  more stringy discharge since then.

Yes 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"