3rd Trimester

Do you really think you'll need all six weeks?

I had my meeting with the Boss Man today and this is what he asks me.  *chuckles*  I felt really sorry for him because he's so dumb.  I simply said yes.  Seriously...what a boob. 

Re: Do you really think you'll need all six weeks?

• niiiiiiiiice...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I thought for sure my boss would ask this but thankfully he did not.  He just did the eyebrow raise at eight weeks. lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • "Does he really need his penis?" was my first thought.  Dumb man! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You should have said you actually think you'll need 12...but 6 is all you can get.  What a jerkface.
  • I thought you were asking this question to the bumpies.  I was like, "Whaaaaa?"  LOL.

Tell your boss he can shove it... or hire an in office nanny :)

• imageSteffsjet:
    "Does he really need his penis?" was my first thought.  Dumb man! 

*giggles*

• men.. sometimes there's nothing you can say
    *Meg* Our little family imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Today my boss said "so you'll be back after two weeks, right?" I know he is kidding but it makes me feel bad that I'll be out for 10-12 weeks.

• That would irritate me.  

Ask him how much time he'd require for a ripped anus, consistently leaking blood and leaking nipples, for no sleep due to constant feedings....and then ask if it'd be ok for you to walk around the office with a baby latched onto your boob. 

With these 6 weeks, it's not just about the medical aspect of giving birth.    I would say it's more about the lifestyle changes in general and needs of the baby.  

• UGH!!! men! sounds like my boss last week-he seemed to think me asking for 8 weeks was ludicrous!

Confused 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He should count his lucky starts you're not taking the full 12 weeks that FMLA allows.
  • afgafg member

I got the eyebrow raise and eye roll from my Manager when I told him I was planning on taking the 12weeks that I am entitled to.  He was telling me that I can only take 6wks.  And htis is a recruiting/hr manager! dumb @ss

• is he a single boy?  god men can be totally dumb
  • That makes me feel better, my boss did the same thing! When I said yes I need 6 weeks he asked if there is any way I would be willing to compromise with a month. Ummm...no.
  • Wow, nice. What a jerk. Maybe he should call his mom and ask her if she would have liked 6 weeks.

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
    Birthday
  • imagesurprisebaby4us2009:
    is he a single boy?  god men can be totally dumb

Nope.  Married with two nearly grown girls.  His wife has always been a SAHM.  He's clueless.  And very tight. *snickers*

• stayceestaycee member
    really?   men have no clue sometimes.
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • imageMrs.Kent:

I thought you were asking this question to the bumpies.  I was like, "Whaaaaa?"  LOL.

Tell your boss he can shove it... or hire an in office nanny :)

This was what I thought, too. Dumbass...I'll bet his wife is a SAHM, and he took the "weekend" off when his children were born, leaving her to do the rest.
    Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • LOL! Personally, I was the one that couldn't wait that long!
  • I thought my boss would ask the same thing but he gave me 12 and told me to take more if I need them.  P.S. I work in the golf business so our season ends right as my 12 weeks come to an end - no need to hurry back)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"