3rd Trimester

I'm having contractions!!!

I was at work and I had three of them. I called the doctor and they told me to go home and try to rest. If I have six more in this next hour I have to go to the hospital, or if my water breaks. Anyone got some ideas on how to stop contractions??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm having contractions!!!

• I would wait for the doctor to figure that out!
  • i've just always heard drink some water and lay down--good luck!
    diagnosed with stage IV endo via lap surgery IVF #1 - 27 eggs! 14 fertilized (3 natural, 11 ICSI) 5dt of A embryo, froze 6 BFP on 9/28! Baby K born via surprise c-section after 15 hrs of labor and he is perfect!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

frozen transfer a success! boy #2 via VBAC Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Plenty of rest and lots of water. That usually does the trick but if not definately give your dr. a call
  • Do your best to relax, I know that's probably hard, but I'm sure that's the most important thing.  Hope things calm down for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lyla Margaret , June 7, 2009 Tavis Tutty, January 5, 2012
  • thats what the nurse said. So I'm home doing that. I hope I can stop them.
  • Do they hurt and feel like cramping or is your belly just getting really tight and hard?  Drink a ton of water, dehydration can bring on BH or false labor contractions.  If your doctor told you to rest you should do that, lay down on your left side.  Our childbirth instructor also said that lots of water and light walking can stop BH contractions.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemobiz:
    i've just always heard drink some water and lay down--good luck!

And try to relax...listen to some soothing music or something. Don't second guess yourself either. Call your doctor if you feel you need to even if you haven't had the required number of contractions. Hugs, and best of luck.

• I've had 3 bouts of pre-term contractions since I hit 20 weeks.  Here is what my doctor/midwives recommend. 

Drink lots of water- like 2-4 glasses

Lay down on your left side

Make sure your bladder is empty as soon as it's full

Take a warm bath to relax

Eat something (mine get pretty bad when my blood sugar is low).

Good luck! I hope they stop for you- having to go to the hospital for them is no fun!

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My MW told me to take some Benadryl, drink some water and go to sleep. Worked like a charm.
  • Yes. 

Drink 32 oz of water in 20 minutes.   That's a lot of water in a short period of time, but dehydration can sometimes cause fake labor. 

Empty your bladder.  

Lay down. 

Those are the three things they tell you to do in childbirth class to distinguish between real and fake labor.   Not sure if any of those things will stop "real" labor/contractions, but it'll stop fake labor, which will give you some peace of mind.  

• Oh wow that's scary!!! Drink lots of water, lay on your left side...that's all I got!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lol even the dogs know something is going on. I'm just laying here staying calm drinking water. DH is home and packing a bad incase we need it. Don't even have any baby stuff yet. My shower isn't until next month. I haven't had one for about twenty mins so I hope they are done. I will keep you undated if I go in.
  • Yes
    imagemobiz:
    i've just always heard drink some water and lay down--good luck!
    photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"