3rd Trimester

I don't like Bank of America

If it's not one thing, its another with them. They act as if you don't have any other options as a customer. I am seriously considering putting all my money into the credit union. The most recent situation is that I depositted a check from AFLAC into my account via atm on Saturday. This isn't the first time I've depositted a check from them. But apparently my check is on hold for a week! Funds won't be available until the 18th? Why? Because its some rule that they follow where they send the check to the other account and have to assure that there is money in the other account to cover the check before they release the funds to you. Its a business account, and this isn't the first time I'm depositting from them. Also, if I had known they would hold my money hostage for a week, I would've just cashed the check at Wachovia, the bank the check is issued, and depositted the cash. And the customer service woman's response, sorry, I would be pissed off to if I were you. Ugh.

Re: I don't like Bank of America

• We just switched from them to a credit union. I hate them. They raised our credit card rate from 8.3% to 24.99%. I called to ask if we'd done something to cause that. They said no ... it was just the cost of doing business (meaning ... they needed more money than they got from the bailout). So, we decided to "opt out," and the dude acted like it would be so horrible for US to loose our 8-year relationship with them. Uhm ... no, not horrible for US. Horrible for you.
  • I hate them too. When I was in college I had a bad experience with them. They would hold any deposits I made until everything I'd paid out was cleared, and then let the deposit go through. It was like they were trying to make me overdraw my account. I got fed up with them and closed my account and went to SunTrust. I've been with them since 2000 and they have been great.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageQueSara74:
    We just switched from them to a credit union. I hate them. They raised our credit card rate from 8.3% to 24.99%. I called to ask if we'd done something to cause that. They said no ... it was just the cost of doing business (meaning ... they needed more money than they got from the bailout). So, we decided to "opt out," and the dude acted like it would be so horrible for US to loose our 8-year relationship with them. Uhm ... no, not horrible for US. Horrible for you.

PS, they did the same thing to my husband. They raised his credit card rate from 9% to 20% with no warning or reason. He transferred his balance to the credit union and now has a fixed 9% rate.

• I hate them too! DH had a loan with them that they decided (for no reason) needed to have the interest rate raised to 30% instead of the orginal 9% rate. We paid the loan off with our tax refund and were so excited to be rid of them, and I get a letter in the mail yesterday stating that they bought our home loan! We can't seem to get rid of them!
  • I hate BoA, too! DH and I are switching to Wells Fargo this summer once we move to South Dakota. Unfortunately WF is nowhere in the Kansas area, otherwise we would have switched long ago!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerbidi:
    If it's not one thing, its another with them. They act as if you don't have any other options as a customer. I am seriously considering putting all my money into the credit union. The most recent situation is that I depositted a check from AFLAC into my account via atm on Saturday. This isn't the first time I've depositted a check from them. But apparently my check is on hold for a week! Funds won't be available until the 18th? Why? Because its some rule that they follow where they send the check to the other account and have to assure that there is money in the other account to cover the check before they release the funds to you. Its a business account, and this isn't the first time I'm depositting from them. Also, if I had known they would hold my money hostage for a week, I would've just cashed the check at Wachovia, the bank the check is issued, and depositted the cash. And the customer service woman's response, sorry, I would be pissed off to if I were you. Ugh.

Let me start off by saying that I dont agree with BOA 100%. (Some of BOA's practices are a little sketchy) I work at a bank and have for 5 years... BUT there are reasons that your money could have been held.  For example, if a customer of mine deposited a check from AFLAC, seeing as how it was an insurance check, it could be held.  Just because it is a legit business, doesnt mean it may not be fraudulent.  What people are failing to remember, is that our country is in turmoil and there is a LOT of fraud going around.  In fact, I recieve 3 or more emails a DAY telling about a new scam going around.  Banking is a VERY scary business. 

With a check like that, I would have deposited it in person.  As a banker, seeing your face at my window is a whole lot more reassuring than getting a deposit in an ATM that I may or may not reconize the face.

With all that said, if you aren't happy with BOA, then switch banks.  Go to www.bankrate.com and find one that is in less tumoil.  Usually "local banks" are doing better than the "national" banks.

I HOPE THIS HELPS!!

• Am I the only one that likes them?  I have had them since they were Barnett Bank then Nations Bank and now BOA.  I have been with them for 15 yrs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • imageMrs.Priester2b:

Am I the only one that likes them?  I have had them since they were Barnett Bank then Nations Bank and now BOA.  I have been with them for 15 yrs.

You aren't the only one.  I have never had any problems with BoA.  Then again, I live in a tiny town and the bank tellers know me so that may help. 

Though if I experienced some of the things the previous posters stated I would not be happy either! 

• i hate them too!! they charged me $3 once for cashing a check there, because i didn't have an account..but the kicker is, the check was a BOA check! boneheads!
    Baby girl #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"