2nd Trimester

15w ultrasound, boy???

Please take a look at my ultrasound and see if it looks like your's at 15 weeks or close. The person at the fetal photo place said he was sure it was a boy. I am skeptical because I have friends and family who had a similar looking ultasound, which was a girl. There are 3 "dots" in a triangle shape, which I heard is usually a girl. Let me know what you think! Thanks. My real ultrasound is not for another month.

https://picasaweb.google.com/LizSinatra/BabyHoops?authkey=Gv1sRgCOnXzuGM5tiwtAE&feat=directlink

Sorry, I couldn't get the pics to post to this.

Re: 15w ultrasound, boy???

• I personally wouldn't run out and buy anything blue this early but it might be right...who knows.  I can't really "tell". My boy shot was a turtle for sure...but I was 21 weeks.
  • Soap1Soap1 member

15 weeks is fairly early, but those technicians do this all the time!  They probably know best!

I've always heard that it's three LINES, not dots, that indicate girl.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I would definitely wait until your next u/s. I wonder why they told you this early? Was that supposed to be your big gender u/s?
  • hmmm the toilet shot looks like a boy to me. ?We had a gender U/S at 14 weeks 4days and we couldn't get a toilet shot, only the side shot. ?Here it is below. ?I think it looks kinda like yours, but it is clearer, because it is a still shot from a video.

I wouldn't buy blue yet, but boy guesses are normally more accurate.

?

image?

image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
  • thats a toughy! 3 lines, not dots, usually mean a girl, but the triangle shape is deceiving. All babies have a mini-weiner at first, some just go in while others stay out..lol. At our 13w Nt scan we had a pretty obvious weiner, but I still wasnt 100% (pic in bio). We confirmed at 19w...i would just hold out for now before buying anything!!! GL :)

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Maybe its a spinal tail thingy... LOL do you love my terminology.
  • I checked mine at 16 weeks and it was very obvious it is a boy (stuck out and everything). As someone who does ultrasounds for a living, I am very skeptical of yours.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had my "big" ultrasound at 16w2d...but our picture is much clearer than yours, so I can't really say if I would trust it or not.
  • It is possible but I'd wait until the big u/s to be more positive.
    imageimage
  • I had the same thing - 3 dots at my 15 week ultrasound. However, "three dots" doesn't mean much to me. With my daughter - there were two dots which the tech said were the ovaries. My husband and I guessed that 3 dots are the penis and testicles? No idea.

Anyway... I was reluctant to buy anything until I we could confirm it. Had my "big" ultrasound at 19 weeks and confirmed - it's a boy (and this time I could see more that just dots - that's definitely a penis in there!).

• My Doctor always described at as "hamburger vs hotdog".  But I have never seen a boy's u/s.  Just the ones that matched DD's.
  • I had a 15 wk 5 day one and it was 4D.  We are dangerously high-risk so my perinatologist has the best machine!  OMG, it was soooo obvious A was a boy and B was a girl and I am no tech (the doc had guessed the same thing earlier but this was no doubt for anyone in the room).  I don't really believe in the 12 wk scans telling but I do believe in the 15 wk ones after Thursday!

To me it looks like a boy...  would keep the reciepts if I bought blue but I think you are safe.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Looks like a boy to me but like everyone else said I wouldn't start buying blue just yet. I have my big u/s at 19w3d and it was obvious that she was indeed a she with three lines.

Good luck though.

• Looks like a boy to me...here is my u/s pic from 13 weeks...it looks exactly like yours and we are having a boy!

• I looks like a boy I don't see the three lines that I have seen with both of my girls. That looks like my sono we had done 14wks.
  • Thanks so much everyone for your thoughts! No, this wasn't the "real/offical" ultrasound. I will have that in 4 weeks. I just went to the fetal photo place in the mall.
  • Awesome! Thank you sooo much for sharing your u/s. They do look very similar. It very well could be a boy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"