2nd Trimester

I must have popped!

Got my first comments from strangers today - two in one day!

At Kohls shopping for a gift for my mom a women in the clothing department was looking for shirts next to me, and said, "now if I had a cute baby belly like yours all of these shirts would look cute on me!" and then at the butcher shop the cashier said, "when is your baby due?"

It made me smile - up until now I have just felt chunky in the middle. But if strangers are noticing AND have the nerve to ask, then I must finally look pregnant!

Re: I must have popped!

• That's great!

Still waiting on my first comment...sigh.?

• umm yeah me too and im not kidding
  • Loading the player...
  • It nice when people start to actually notice that you are pregnant! I got my first comment at 20 weeks I think, but didnt get lots of comments until I was about 24 weeks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image~*Sarah*~:
    umm yeah me too and im not kidding

I am giving up all hope now that strangers will make nice pregnancy comments. I feel like so far, I just look like I have one hell of a pot belly, in addition to my already existing fluffy shape.

• New MrsNew Mrs member
    I am a pretty thick girl to start with, so I was shocked they noticed and asked. I would never ask a woman that unless she was walking into L&D at the hospital! My DH said I should have responded with, nope- not pregnant! But they could tell right away from the huge smile on my face!
  • DH and I were walking into a store last night and he was staring at my belly and says "You are at the point now where when people look at you, they will be able to tell you are pregnant, not 'I wonder if she is pregnant or if she just is just a little chunky in the belly?' " I was like "Gee...thanks" lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • imageDMBMamma:

image~*Sarah*~:
    umm yeah me too and im not kidding

?

I am giving up all hope now that strangers will make?nice pregnancy comments.?I feel like so far, I just look like I have one hell of a pot belly, in addition to my already existing fluffy shape.

i didnt really pop until 25 weeks or more. and just as of late i feel a little more round but i am still b shapped. hang in there it will happen?

• For a while I felt that I just looked fat.  Once I started wearing maternity clothes, I started looking pregnant and felt so much better about myself.  I love looking at me belly in the mirror now.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Oh man, I saw the title of this post twice before opening it and both times I could swear it said POOPED.  I was thinking to myself, I'm not sure how she doesn't know if she pooped or not!  Sorry.
  • New MrsNew Mrs member

imageamber_tynan:
    Oh man, I saw the title of this post twice before opening it and both times I could swear it said POOPED.  I was thinking to myself, I'm not sure how she doesn't know if she pooped or not!  Sorry.

nope - I still know when I poop. Thank God.

• I thought I was still stuck at the chunky stage too but some of my high school aged students noticed on Friday and actually asked me. I'm not really convinced that I've popped exactly, but the chub is finally beginning to look like a real belly. Thank God! I think I'll finally go maternity clothes shopping tomorrow and get out of these baggy t-shirts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic] Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am only 14 weeks, and I have been showing since 12 weeks. I have only gained 4 pounds, but my belly is round and hard and everyone notices! People keep telling me I am having twins, but 4 pounds during the first trimester isn't a lot. I can wear maternity pants, but I am not ready to buy maternity shirts and dresses yet because I can still wear regular clothes if they are cut right.
  • I'm tall and I'm carrying low (see pic) so I didn't get my first stranger comment until last week. I was wearing a tight t-shirt and it was obvious. It's nice to finally have a pregnant bump and not something that looks like I'm just fat.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • i just got my first ones too!! It makes me so happy to think i don't just look fat anymore... :)
  • Whenever someone comments on my tummy they say my face lights up and glows :)  It is a great feeling!

• thats sounds great i cant wait still just look chunky
  • The only "popped" comments I've gotten are rude ones about the size of my boobs.  The MIL thought it would be a good idea to point that out (again) during lunch in front of 7people yesterday. 

MIL: Looks over at me, "Hey can I have some of that?"

ME: "Some of what?"

MIL: Looks right at my chest, "Boy you have gotten bigger! I wish I had some of that"

Me: "What??"

MIL: "Oh I'm sorry, that's right, you're sensititve about stuff like that" (laughs)

*Awkward silence*

Me: "I'll take an ice tea"

• Prior to my pop all I wanted was for people to ask me if I was pregnant and at about 17 weeks when they did notice I felt embarrassed. I don't know what that was all about but now I am a light bulb when people ask about the pregnancy!
  • imagecslatest:
    For a while I felt that I just looked fat.  Once I started wearing maternity clothes, I started looking pregnant and felt so much better about myself.  I love looking at me belly in the mirror now.

I have to admit I read the same thing the first time around too!  It wasn't until I read another post that said something about popping that I saw this post again and actually realized what it said.  Anyways thanks for a good laugh!

• I popped at around 14-15 weeks.  I work at a credit union located within Wal-Mart and get comments and tons of them on a daily basis.  I had a crazy lady today predict what day I will deliver...lol. 

I am at the point where I wish people would stop noticing.  It is getting to the point where it is not cute and exciting, it is frustrating and a bit hard on my self esteem as people tell me how I am "filling out".

I am 20 weeks and havent gained any weight yet and still am told how my face is filling out and have people asking if im sure its not twins...

• rt4lifert4life member

I'm 20 weeks and only on person has commented on my pregnancy.

Maybe becuse they dont want to be rude, but my family and friends know.
    My aunt measured my belly and I'm 33 inches around....:)
    But how could people not tell...I dunno. Every body is different..

If you knew better, you'd do better.
  • On Sunday I got my first, "You must be due any day now!"

My response...."Ummm...no. I still have 14 more weeks to go. :(

Jacob 3.23.08 * Grace 7.22.09 * Eli 7.26.11 * Annabelle 1.18.14

• thats great! When I tell people they look at my mini popped belly and say "oh its so little"...
  • So far, those really close to me and co-workers that I have told can tell. My friend told me today that she was looking at me from far and she could totally tell my little bump. She said she can't wait for it fully pop. I told her me either.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A Costco cashier congratulated us last week.  Yay!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tst

~*DUE MARCH 5th 2014*~

• I got my first comment just when I was starting my 2nd tri and I really wasn't expecting it. I mean I am a skinny person and I could tell, but it was just a pudge at the time. The lady was like, :I'm sorry I have to ask, feel free to punch me." Up until then I had it in my head that whenever anyone commented I would be like, "what do you mean? Oh no, I need to go on a diet." Just for fun, I wanted to see how someone would react. As soon as she asked me though I smiled so big and I knew there was no way I could try and deny it.

Since then it's strange how the comments come. I was being clumsy getting out of the elevator at work and I apologized to the lady behind me. She said, "it doesn't get any better." I was like, "what?" She said, "the pregnancy brain."

I really like the comments I have gotten so far. There have only been a few though.

• imageIvana.Stolichnaya:

The only "popped" comments I've gotten are rude ones about the size of my boobs.  The MIL thought it would be a good idea to point that out (again) during lunch in front of 7people yesterday. 

MIL: Looks right at my chest, "Boy you have gotten bigger! I wish I had some of that"

MIL: "Oh I'm sorry, that's right, you're sensititve about stuff like that" (laughs)

*Awkward silence*

Yea... my best friend asked me the other day if I was carrying triplets... I feel your pain!!

• I finally started getting comments about a month ago!  It does make you happy, because I just felt like I looked like I was too big for my clothes, even though I was all belly...I was still in that stage where people weren't quite sure if I was pregnant or just needed to buy bigger clothes haha.  Now you can really tell, and I love it!
  • imageNew Mrs:

imageamber_tynan:
    Oh man, I saw the title of this post twice before opening it and both times I could swear it said POOPED.  I was thinking to myself, I'm not sure how she doesn't know if she pooped or not!  Sorry.

nope - I still know when I poop. Thank God.

LMAO =]

• thats awesome I have been getting "are you having twins" or "wow you arereally big you have a long way to go your going to have a big baby"

Love those comments keep them coming Hmm

• I'm 20 weeks and just started feeling a little fat. I've gained about 8 pounds which seems about right where I should be. No one can really tell I'm pregnant yet but I got my first comment this week at work ... someone said Oh I thought you said you worked out everyday but I couldn't help wondering what was going on (as she was staring right at my tummy). I just want to pop and actually look pregnant... and maybe some maternity clothes will actually fit. I hate this stage. I felt so horrible that it made me cry at work. And then I cried harder because I hated being upset, especially at work. Please belly pop out soon!
  • I have alot of people look at my belly - but no real comments except from my family and co-workers.  I sure feel bigger - and finding it hard to bend over!! lol

• I feel like my belly has been showing for quite some time now. But my girlfriend commented the other day that I really "popped" so I guess its more noticeable now. I feel huge even though I've only gained maybe like 7 pounds so far.

And yesterday! Oh my! I work as a waitress at a bar on Saturday nights and this jackass that I was serving puts his hands all over my belly. And I assume that he's doing it because I am obviously (in my opinion) pregnant. When I say something about being preggers he goes "oh are you? i was gonna say..."... WHAT?! What a creep! So you were just feeling on my belly because you are disgusting man? ... I stopped waiting on him after that.

• I got my first comment on being pregnant when I was 20 weeks and at Babies R Us. The Cashier said you have the cutest baby bump! I was stoked!
  • It's nice when people finally notice :-D  I haven't had any "comments" really, but people are starting to ask if "I would like a seat" on public transit Smile

• Well with me, I've always had a belly so I was pretty bummed when it just looked like I was gaining weight.  I started wearing maternity clothes because the weight gain and the bloat really made itself known in my belly and I couldn't really wear my regular pants anymore comfortably.  Maternity shirts definitely made me look more pregnant.

I think that now, though, it's starting to take on a rounder shape although it is way up high.  My mom, bless her, isn't known for her tact.  She actually said the other day that it was so 'weird' that it was so high.  *sigh*

Anyway, I put on my new maternity skirt and a snugger maternity top this weekend and for the first time I LOOKED pregnant.  Happy day!  I think it's that particular outfit though.  Still, I got cute smiles when I was walking around shopping.  YAY!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• You are NOT alone.  I gained 5 lbs in my first trimester and they all went to my stomach.  It was rock hard and round right away but I am rather short waisted so it was obvious that I was pregnant right away.

I am going into my 16th week and I look like I am 25-30 weeks along.  People keep telling me OMG you are going to be HUGE!

GREAT ;)

• imageIvana.Stolichnaya:

The only "popped" comments I've gotten are rude ones about the size of my boobs.  The MIL thought it would be a good idea to point that out (again) during lunch in front of 7people yesterday. 

*Awkward silence*

hah that's like a constant conversation i go through with my mother as well..nothing is worse than the midwife at work who literally grabbed my boobs and said OMG these things are HUGE! (i wear scrubs all the time, so it's hard to notice my belly and boobs, but I had normal clothes on that day) She then had to make me unzip my sweatshirt and show all the girls at work how "big" my boobs got..lol..god i love the girls I work with lmfao

xoxo Heather Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have definitely popped!  My first comment was before I thought I was getting very big. I was in the cafeteria at work grabbing some breakfast and another employee came up to me and asked "how far along are you?"  I was stunned, I was 18 weeks at the time.  She then let me know that she was 14 weeks along, we chatted for a few minutes about when we were due and I told her we were having a girl.  Lately I've been noticing more and more pregnant woman, maybe I just didn't pay attention before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"