2nd Trimester

If you've already picked a name...

Are you referring to you LO by his/her name already? We found out we were having a girl last week and I've been referring to her as Avery ever since. My mom and some of my family are doing the same. I thought it would feel weird to call her by her name but it feels totally natural. So what are you ladies doing?

Re: If you've already picked a name...

• We are referring to her by her name.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • We alternate between Annabelle and Dottie- (Dottie was what we called him/ her from 5w on... b/c at first all we saw was a 'dot')
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Aww! I obviously love the name Avery. :)  This LO has been Lucy since the day after we found out she is a girl. Everyone else calls her Lucy too, and we love it that way. It is so natural, and we did it with Avery too. When she was born, it honestly just fit!
  • we finally agreed or DH accecpted our name and it feels great to actually be able to call baby girl by her name and not something random.
  • we call her Maddie most of the time or Madison and have since we announced her name to everyone. It always felt natural to me, although it was a little weird for me hear other people say it at first, I dunno why.
  • Friends and Family are referring to him as his name. DH and I are still calling him Handsome or The Babe.
  • We refer to him as Henry or Baby Henry (we don't know another Henry so I don't know why we do this).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have not picked a name and are actually keeping ours secret, but my niece was known by her name as soon as we knew she was a girl and it also felt natural.

Although it was kind of weird when they would sign stuff (like a friend's wedding guestbook) as "Mark, Jennifer, and Baby Morgan" while she was pregnant. (Made up names, but you get the idea...)

Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • We are calling her by her name also.  However, when people in our families asked if we decided on a name we told them a few names that we were thinking of and EVERYONE found the need to make their own suggestions on names they liked or people we should name her after.  So I told Ray that we are keeping our final decision to us b/c it was really getting on my nerves!
  • We do some. I still call him by nicknames alot also. I don't want to call him by the name in case we change it. I have been known to change my mind several times.

Pregnancy Ticker

• We call him Jack a lot now...and still sweetpea every once in a while..
  • Yup, we've been calling our little man by his name too- Alejandro!
  • We've started calling him by his name. It was a little weird to hear his sister and mom refer to him as Tristan, especially since his mom told me she didn't really like it. But I'm just happy we found a meaningful name we both love already.

• We have not officially decided on a name yet, but in my head I keep accidentally calling him the name I want.  Hopefully we agree on a name soon so I can either call him that or start calling him the other name!
  • ivs112ivs112 member

imageRD'sgirl:
    We are calling her by her name also.  However, when people in our families asked if we decided on a name we told them a few names that we were thinking of and EVERYONE found the need to make their own suggestions on names they liked or people we should name her after.  So I told Ray that we are keeping our final decision to us b/c it was really getting on my nerves!

I know how you feel. Everyone shot down our original girl name, Olivia. I can't believe everyone hated it so much because I loved it. My boyfriend wasn't too crazy about it eaither but he agreed. Well I changed my mind and went for Avery and was nervous about telling my family, but we loved it so much that it didn't matter what everyone else thought. They did love it to though, lol.

• imageheatherlane:

Although it was kind of weird when they would sign stuff (like a friend's wedding guestbook) as "Mark, Jennifer, and Baby Morgan" while she was pregnant. (Made up names, but you get the idea...)

Hm, that's funny that you thought it was wierd! We totally do that! haha Our close friends got married last weekend, and we signed all four of our names. :)

• We are using her name, too.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Even if we do decide on a name I am not sure I can refer to an unborn baby by a proper name. It kind of creeps me out.

• Good question!

DH and I have pretty much picked her name, but are keeping it a secret until she's born. We really liked keeping the secret of our pregnancy in the first few weeks, and want to do the same thing with the name. I'm surprised by some people who ask me why I'd want to keep it a secret!

Anyway, in the meantime, we're using her womb name - Wrigley, after Wrigley Field (DH wanted to use that name if we had a boy!) We usually call her Wrig for short.

• imageivs112:

imageRD'sgirl:
    We are calling her by her name also.  However, when people in our families asked if we decided on a name we told them a few names that we were thinking of and EVERYONE found the need to make their own suggestions on names they liked or people we should name her after.  So I told Ray that we are keeping our final decision to us b/c it was really getting on my nerves!

I know how you feel. Everyone shot down our original girl name, Olivia. I can't believe everyone hated it so much because I loved it. My boyfriend wasn't too crazy about it eaither but he agreed. Well I changed my mind and went for Avery and was nervous about telling my family, but we loved it so much that it didn't matter what everyone else thought. They did love it to though, lol.

Avery is a really cute name, I love it!  I liked Olivia too a few years ago, but where I live there are A LOT of Olivia's and we both wanted something less common, so we decided on Giulia (spelling it the traditional Italian way), I wanted Giuliana and he liked Giulia so I compromised Wink

• DH and I usually default to "the baby" and "our baby", but family and friends keep asking how Xavier is doing.  I guess it depends on the day and time :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We haven't shared the name with family/friends yet. So to them we are saying he or our little one. Between ourselves, we sometimes call him by his name and sometimes we say he or the baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Jules GJules G member
    Her name is Hannah & that is what we call her. We've called her that since we found out she is a girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have only known we have a girl for a couple of days, but we are calling her by her name, Elizabeth.  I love saying the name and not saying it anymore!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagebrinkly:
    We have not officially decided on a name yet, but in my head I keep accidentally calling him the name I want.  Hopefully we agree on a name soon so I can either call him that or start calling him the other name!

This is how I got DH to like the name I wanted, haha. 

I just started calling her the name and eventually he started liking it! I say do it! ;) It's tricky, but it works. 

• Yes, we've been calling him by his name since we found out we were having a boy a few weeks ago.
  • kiki4kiki4 member
    He has been Connor since we found out he was a boy.
    BFP 1/19/12 No heartbeat at 7w4d 3rd dose Cytotec 3/1/12
    *PGAL/PAL Welcome*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

My Ovulation Chart

• ivs112ivs112 member
    imageRD'sgirl:
    imageivs112:

imageRD'sgirl:

Avery is a really cute name, I love it!  I liked Olivia too a few years ago, but where I live there are A LOT of Olivia's and we both wanted something less common, so we decided on Giulia (spelling it the traditional Italian way), I wanted Giuliana and he liked Giulia so I compromised Wink

I love the name Giuliana! We actually considered that name but spelled Juliana. It was an homage to my parents names' Julio and Mariana. We changed our minds though because one of our top boy names is Julian and if we ever have a boy, that'll be his name.

• Dh and I aren't sharing the name with anyone so to be safe we just call him baby C.
  • dle927dle927 member
    I'm just chiming in to say that i'm jealous of everyone that has a name already picked out!  When we finally decide on a name, we will be keeping it a secret until she is born.  I don't want the family to chime in with opinions!
  • Slowly starting to call her by name.  DH is doing it more than I am.  It still feels weird.  I am ok with "her" and "she", but only use her name a little.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We don't know the sex yet, but we're between a few names and I imagine once we find out we might "try them out" for the next few months.
    "For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH and I use the name when we refer to the baby only when we are alone together as we have chosen not to share the name with anyone until the birth.
  • Our DS's middle name was never even a question- Winslow is DH and his dad's middle name- but the first name is not yet decided (William? Noah?).

So we call him "Winsy" cause we're dumb like that! haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • we just call him baby C (for our last name) right now b/c my husband is paranoid about using the name before the kid is born...not really sure why he feels that way but I am rolling with it....
  • definately been calling him Aiden since we found out...and my teenage daughter has already nicknamed him A.J. which is totally cute (last name starts with J)

• Ooo .. I like the name Avery .. if we would have found out we were having a girl it would have been Avery Ellen.  But since were having a boy it will be Oliver Don.  And yes we do refer to him by name.
  • We are using her name and I love using it. 
  • definitely will. I did with DD and I will again this time. To me, I felt like I was able to bond w/ her even better in womb by calling her by name rather then "the baby". It made it feel more real too. I loved being able to call DD by name before she was born!
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • My DH and I alternate between calling her "Pee Wee" (which we did before we knew what we were having) and the name we have picked out for her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"