3rd Trimester

When did you start getting internal exams??

It seems like I remember hearing that doctors usually start doing routine internal exams at 36 weeks (unless they're given a reason to do it earlier), but I can't remember for sure.

When was your first internal exam (if you've had one) in the 3rd tri, and did your dr peform one each time you went in after that?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: When did you start getting internal exams??

• I had my first this week at 36w2d because I was already in the stirrups for the GBS test...I think my next one is at 38 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will start having them at my next appt at 28 weeks due to my medical history. I had a LEEP 5 years ago and my doctor wants to be on the safe side.
  • Loading the player...
  • I asked my Dr. and he said 38 weeks.  I wish I was getting them starting at 36 just because I'm curious...
  • last week at 35 wks/3days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At my first doctor's appt....and everyone since then....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i will be having my first one on monday at 36w2d.  i'm sure theres a whole lot of nothing going on... but i'm still very curious! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

{forever remembered and missed my sweet babe}

*m/c 10/10/10 - 7w0d*

• I will have my first one at 38 or 39 weeks.  Doctor doesn't like to do too many as they are not necessary unless I am showing change.
  • They start at 36 weeks and the Dr. told me it's really just for them to know what position the baby is in. I did have one this week because I have been having painful contractions and they just wanted to make sure I wasn't already progressing.

Heather

• 36 weeks and every week since.
  • Every week from 35 weeks on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 38 weeks, and every apt since.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been getting them since 16 weeks because I'm high-risk.
  • I've had 2 somewhat recently (at 28 and 29w), but I think they will start doing regular ones at my 36w appointment.
  • I'll start weekly internals at 36 weeks
  • Mine start on Tuesday, which will be 36w 5D, they wanted to do it on Monday, but they couldn't get me in for an appointment, so a day later.
  • PeskyPesky member
    With DD, 35wk for GBS swab and 36wk for internals to start.  With this one, due to PTL contractions, I started internals this week and get to continue them from here on out.  You're jealous, right?

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• imagePesky:
    With DD, 35wk for GBS swab and 36wk for internals to start.  With this one, due to PTL contractions, I started internals this week and get to continue them from here on out.  You're jealous, right?

Ha! Incredibly jealous!  In fact, I think I'm going to request an internal at my 32 week appt just b/c I want one. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"