3rd Trimester

To call or not to call....

I have my weekly appointment today at 2:15.  This morning I have been noticing wetness in my underwear, but its not the normal "snail trail" stuff.  Its clear and just wet, not "gooey" (thats a lovely word in this situation isn't it? lol).  Do I call the doctor or just wait until 2:15?  If its just a slow leak then a few hours won't hurt, right?  I'm not sure which direction to go with this one.

Re: To call or not to call....

• i'd probably wait until your appointment unless you start having contractions.  but that's just me, i'm not much of a worry wart!
    Mommy to Presley 5/27/09,
    p7 copy
    It's a GIRL!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I might call and see if they have an earlier appt. 
  • Loading the player...
  • If it was me, I'd call just to let them know what's happening. They may want to fit you in earlier or may want to set up an NST for you.
  • I'd wait until your appt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When you lie down, is it a slow steady drip/stream?  Or is it a gush?

I would wait until your appointment at 2:15p, because it sounds like you just found this wetness.

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'd wait, but as our hospital tour lady told us...bring some 'wet proof' with you, so they can test to see if it's amniotic fluid or not.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lyla Margaret , June 7, 2009 Tavis Tutty, January 5, 2012
  • imageprettyshoes:
    If it was me, I'd call just to let them know what's happening. They may want to fit you in earlier or may want to set up an NST for you.

This.  Probably they'll just have you wait, but they may squeeze you in earlier.

Then again, I'm someone who calls for anything that seems remotely amiss... I called the on-call doc last night because I had a sharp stabbing pain in my left side.  His diagnosis?  A ligament or bowel spasm. Wink

I literally call any time that I experience something new (a new pain, etc) in my pregnancy.  I haven't done this before!  And, I figure, better safe than sorry...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• NMangerNManger member
    I would wait unless you notice an increase or other issues.
  • I would just wait...sometimes I get a wet discharge, instead of the "gooey" kind...I think it's fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EANEAN member

I'd wait- go and take a shower, wash your hair, blow it out, get ready just in case they tell you to get admitted! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"