3rd Trimester
Options

Mucus Plug

I kind of know what it is, but what does it look like!??!

Re: Mucus Plug

• Options
    alathamalatham member
    I'm pretty sure it looks like boogers, lol. I haven't lost mine yet though so I'm not totally sure.
    BFP 11/20/2012. Missed MC on 12/26/2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagealatham:
    I'm pretty sure it looks like boogers, lol. I haven't lost mine yet though so I'm not totally sure.
    That's the image I got, just wasn't sure! Ew...and it just falls out?!?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine fell out the day I went into labor with DS and it was a huge clump of blood tinged mucus (like size of tampon). gross i know...but you asked! :-)
  • Options
    Someone posted a pic a while back on here. You can find them on google. Even though it's completely gross looking i'd google it if I were you that way you know what it looks like! lol
  • Options
    The fact that you can google this made me curious....but a note to the slighted nausated or quesy stomach types....not pretty pictures!  I get that the mucus plug is important but ewwwwww! 
  • Options
    I asked my Dr about what it looked like today so I would know what to be looking for bc I havent lost mine yet either.  She said it is jsut sort of a mucous or thicker discharge, maybe a darker color than usual.  She also said that if there are contractions when you loose it or blood to notify dr and go the hospital, but she said alot of women loose their weeks prior to labor and some may not loose it until right before they deliver
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"