1st Trimester

What has your husband told you?

Mine said that if I stop thinking about morning sickness, it will go away. He thinks its stressing out the baby and I shouldn't be worrying about it so much.  I am not worrying, I am just experiencing!  He also told me that he wishes I would dress up like I used to (not that this happened a lot).  I told him take me somewhere that requires me to dress up and I will!!!  I think men are clueless sometimes.

Re: What has your husband told you?

• "I don't care that you are pregnant! You get mad at me when I lay on the couch and don't do anything all day!"

"Josh, Ive been throwing up all day- Big difference- You play video games..."

• LOL - this post cracks me up.  I am journaling for myself and am actually keeping track of the STUPID things my DH has said since the BFP.  My two favorites:

1)  All newborms do is sleep all the time.  The first few weeks are gonna be easy.
    2)  You need to eat enough to make sure the baby is over 8 pounds.  Under 8 pounds is too small.

I love this man dearly, but I can't wait to see what comes out of his mouth next . . .

ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Ahhh the old mind over matter trick. Its BS!  

I

• Do you have any other kids?  If not, he's probably unsure of how pregnancy actually works.  I'd give him a book to read up on.  Then top it off by telling him that when his body is able to grow a human being, then he can decide how pregnancy "should" make you feel, and how you "should" want to get dressed up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great post!  Mine said last week that he was glad this was "going by so fast".  I am only 10 weeks and haven't slept in bed for the last 4 weeks due to heartburn and backpain.... I am so glad he thinks it is going by FAST!!!
  • Luckily my husband has been super sweet and kept his mouth incheck.  He always says "it's hard making a baby"...so cute.

• DH still doesn't understand why I'm not interested in having sex, even though he sees how nauseous and uncomfortable I am. He thinks I'm playing hard to get.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow. My husband doesn't have the cajones to say that stuff to me.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wait.  So these last 11 weeks I have just been making myself sick?  I don't think so.  Tell him to shove it.  Morning sickness is real and if you feel sick you should get a little sympathy.

Plus, I figure the baby is doing it to me so I can't feel too bad about how it makes him feel.  This morning I had a talk with him about making me sick and I promptly threw up again.  I think it was his way of telling me he will do what he wants.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • To my mother:

"Yeah, I'm not going to be in the room when Abbie has the baby. I really don't want to see that, there is no miracle in childbirth."

LOL! He will be in the delivery room! He helped the baby get in, he will be there when it comes out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yesterday mine said "I thought you'd be a lot fatter by now".  Gee, thanks.  I think I'll take that as a compliment.
  • Playing hard to get...thats a good one!!!
  • MrsDTMrsDT member
    imagejenny1980:

Wow. My husband doesn't have the cajones to say that stuff to me.

This. lucky for him...

• Last monday I had an emotional moment.  I've only had three so far, where I cry and carry on over something stupid and small.  Well, my DH in an attempt to calm me down told me to "stop crying" Yeah, that helps, thanks dear! Smile
  • DH: Darn you boobs are huge!

Me: Don't even look at them!

• Mine said that he thinks cravings are just something that women read about in their pregnancy books and is more of a placebo effect.  I told him that I wish he was the pregnant one:-)
  • imagekimberleigh30:

DH: Darn you boobs are huge!

Oh my god this made me lol-

• my hubs hasn't said anything yet but I guess there is still lots of time
  • What a great post!  Haha, my H seems mystified by me so far, although I'm sure this won't be a longlasting behaviour. 
  • my husband has been nothing but sweet. he is going with me to my first appointment so he can ask questions and be informed of what's to come.
    Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • imagelittlemaybaby:
    All newborms do is sleep all the time.  The first few weeks are gonna be easy.

Man-O-Man, he is in for a surprise!

• my husband has been great.  my mom on the other hand.... she told me (when i said that nothing sounded good to eat) "Dont eat then, you'll be doing a lot of that later"  Also, yesterday she told me my cheeks are too fat for my new hair cut.  Big Smile  Thanks Mom!
    FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family Bravado Bras at NurturedFamily.com Maya Wrap Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • DH has actually surprised me thus far. He's been amazing.
  • I've also gotten the morning sickness is all in your head one.  And he laughed at me yesterday when I went to bed at 8P.

He actually asked the OB at our first appointment if it was too soon for me to be having symptoms.  That got him a look.

I think his philosphy is "You still look the same, so you should act the same". 

Ethan Michael - 12/21/09
    Norah Jewel - 2/26/14

• He's actually been sweet and wonderful but, this one comment of his made me LOL yesterday:

"We're only eating organic meats, chicken and eggs now...the growth hormones in that other crap are going to make Baby 12 pounds before s/he is born!!!!"

Where do they come up with this stuff?

the boymom is expecting a girl!
    big brothers 12.2009 and 02.2012
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekimberleigh30:

DH: Darn you boobs are huge!

LoL!!

• Totally clueless! Mine told me that I should check with my doctor to find out if it is normal for me to be this tired.
  • "Wow, your boobs actually fill out your bras now."

Oh, and Saturday night while drinking (I was the DD and was sitting right next to him) he told all his buddies exactly how I got pregnant.  The whens and hows and then says loudly, "ONE TIME BABY, ONE TIME!"  I think I nearly turned inside out.

My DH is such a sweetie and usually so not like this...I gave him a free pass.

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • C12H22O11: your cat is sooo pretty!!! It makes me miss my cat (she died a couple of years ago) she looked alot like him!!
  • I was getting frustrated the other day when I was trying to find something to wear. My belly bloat has made my pants a little TOO snug. My DH proceeds to tell me that I can't fit into my pants b/c of the pregnancy, but b/c I'm just getting fat!

I started to cry, and then he said that he was just kidding and that I was being too sensitive. He's not used to these hormones going crazy, and that I don't take those kind of jokes well.

• Mine just constantly laughs at me.  He's really good most of the time, but like last night, we had been staying with my parents for the weekend and our big dog was absolutely filthy from being outside in the rain and mud.  We get in the car to go home (2hr drive) and I immediately lean out the window and hurl from the smell.  I then proceed to break down into tears because I know that we have the whole drive ahead of us to be trapped in that car with her and it really made me sad.  He laughed for like 20 mins because I was "crying for no reason."

He also trys to get me to explain how I'm feeling all the time.  I'm like, have you ever had food poisening and been bloated and tired and really cranky all at once?  No?  Then stop trying to understand and just trust me on this one... it's not fun.

Mc 6/2/08 at 6w2d * CP 11/22/08 * CP 1/21/09 - Dx compound heterozygous MTHFR 3/23/09 - BFP 3/24/09
  • This is hilarious!

The other night my DH dared to utter the words "I think it's just mostly mental, really. Just don't think about it and you'll be fine." Take in mind that I have had one of the most mild pregnancies. No throwing up, just tiredness and food aversions. I glared at him for a few seconds about to unload on him, but then decided that he didn't realize how stupid he was being and just said "you don't think when I walk up and down the aisles at the grocery store and every other food item makes me gag I don't think "it's ok, it's all in your head, you're not gowing to throw up."?" Then I implored him to never say that to any pregnant woman ever.

He also keeps not so casually commenting on my "lack" of sex drive. I say "lack" because we still have sex 2-3 times a week, which from what I've heard from other women is doing pretty darn good. This conversation is starting to get pretty annoying ESPECIALLY since I have to make such an effort to get in even that many a week.

Oh, and yes, he loves my boobs, although I don't know how much more exciting they can get going from a D to a DD, but whatever.

• These were great laughs.

My husband is very dramatic. I have had morning sickness--actually nighttime sickness--since my 5th week and each time he has managed to be out of sight. Well, last night, I jumped up from the couch and hauled it to the bathroom. Hubby came in to act like he was helping, but all he did was stand outside of the door and fake throwing up---like me throwing up was making him "throw up."

Other than that, he has been very patient and helpful. He asked the doc some great questions, but keeps telling me I need to get off the couch and go work out like I used to. I'll get right on that honey.

• Oh, I have a couple more! My DH keeps complaining about having to get up around 5:00 am every morning for work and my response is always "at least you're not growing a baby" and he says that he'll trade me. I just have to laugh and shake my head.

He also kept asking doctors at our first appointment (10 weeks) what the gender of our baby is. LOL, he's very anxious to find out.

• EMTXEMTX member
    imageAbinormal:

To my mother:

"Yeah, I'm not going to be in the room when Abbie has the baby. I really don't want to see that, there is no miracle in childbirth."

LOL! He will be in the delivery room! He helped the baby get in, he will be there when it comes out.

Holy sh*t! You better get that straightened out ASAP, that's unbelievable. Grow up!

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At our first appointment, my DH asked the nurse if I should be eating junk food and not exercising. She told him that I could eat anything that I wanted and exercise when I wanted. I told her that he was obviously afraid I was going to blow up. He will have a hard time living that one down.

After I weighed myself this weekend, I had lost 5 pounds. I told my DH and he said "wonderful, congratulations" jeesh. This is after I explained that gaining weight was what I am supposed to do. I could beat him sometimes!   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • One of the funniest things ever... After I told DH I was pregnant he seemed kinda nervous but excited. Later that night we were at my cousins house for dinner and he explained that he was nervous that my eggs were bad. I can kinda see what he ment, I have PCOD and I get my period about 4 or 5 times a year. Even though I am only about 4 weeks along (still have to go to the Dr for EDD) I haven't had my period since January. So he was concerned that I had bad eggs, thinking that they are formed and not realizing that you are born with them. It was pretty funny.
  • One of the funniest things ever... After I told DH I was pregnant he seemed kinda nervous but excited. Later that night we were at my cousins house for dinner and he explained that he was nervous that my eggs were bad. I can kinda see what he ment, I have PCOD and I get my period about 4 or 5 times a year. Even though I am only about 4 weeks along (still have to go to the Dr for EDD) I haven't had my period since January. So he was concerned that I had bad eggs, thinking that they are formed and not realizing that you are born with them. It was pretty funny.
  • One of the funniest things ever... After I told DH I was pregnant he seemed kinda nervous but excited. Later that night we were at my cousins house for dinner and he explained that he was nervous that my eggs were bad. I can kinda see what he ment, I have PCOD and I get my period about 4 or 5 times a year. Even though I am only about 4 weeks along (still have to go to the Dr for EDD) I haven't had my period since January. So he was concerned that I had bad eggs, thinking that they are formed and not realizing that you are born with them. It was pretty funny. I
  • One of the funniest things ever... After I told DH I was pregnant he seemed kinda nervous but excited. Later that night we were at my cousins house for dinner and he explained that he was nervous that my eggs were bad. I can kinda see what he ment, I have PCOD and I get my period about 4 or 5 times a year. Even though I am only about 4 weeks along (still have to go to the Dr for EDD) I haven't had my period since January. So he was concerned that I had bad eggs, thinking that they are formed and not realizing that you are born with them. It was pretty funny. I appriciated the
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"