3rd Trimester
Options

Orgasm cause water to break?

I am wondering if an orgasm can cause your water to break. I noticed alot of wetness afterward and do not kow how to distinguish whether it is just natural lubrication or my water. I am 36 weeks.

Re: Orgasm cause water to break?

• Options
    What does is smell like?  If it's sweet-ish, could be your water...if it smells like sex..probably natural lubrication. It could also just be extra sweat!
  • Options
    I've been a lot "wetter" than usual the last few weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well...I never knew if orgasm actually caused my water to break, but....

Yes, in my previous pregnancy, I did indulge one evening while DH was out, and 5 minutes later my water broke. At first, I thought it was just lubrication...but it was pinkish when I wiped and then it kept trickling. And THEN there was a pants-soaking gush when I got into my car (....to go the bar to pick up DH.)

DS arrived 11 hours later - 6 1/2 weeks premature.

• Options
    imageJasonsMauiMama:

Yes, in my previous pregnancy, I did indulge one evening while DH was out, and 5 minutes later my water broke. At first, I thought it was just lubrication...but it was pinkish when I wiped and then it kept trickling. And THEN there was a pants-soaking gush when I got into my car (....to go the bar to pick up DH.)

I am trying this tonight!!!

• Options
    imagejen41581:
    imageJasonsMauiMama:

GOOD LUCK!!

(the only problem with this method is that you can't put the full "How You Were Born" story into your LO's baby book...althought it makes for GREAT conversation...)

• Options
    it could very well be pee..esp this far along. if it had a red/pink tint it would be ur water and if it was more sweet smelling and not amonia-y or odorless.
  • Options
    imagejen41581:
    imageJasonsMauiMama:

I may too!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    PeskyPesky member
    Tough to say.  Just see if the leaking continues.  If you are soaking through pads within a half-hour or so, call your dr.  Mine broke while I was asleep and was NOT sweet-smelling (hence I wasn't sure for about 1 hr) but smelled more like semen.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    imageJasonsMauiMama:

haha! i was totally thinking of doing that this morning after SO left for work. Id been having "indulging" dreams. But i was scared it would induce labor and didnt want to push it. Im glad someone brought it up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"