3rd Trimester

Just wondering your baby's size right now...

OK so my baby is a giant right now, but my husband was born weighing 9 lbs 9 oz so I guess I have him to thank.  I am just now 34 weeks and my boy is weighing 6.2 lbs.  On average they gain half pound a week he is gaining about 12 oz a week which is more.  So if I go my full 40 weeks he will be weighing about 9.5-10 lbs. I told my husband that he will be able to wear the clothes he hasa couple weeks then thats it, not even fit in the NB stuff! The 0-3 mo clothes all say 7-11 lbs or so HAHA  Just thought it would be fun to hear what everyone else says about what their baby is weighing.

Re: Just wondering your baby's size right now...

• At 33 weeks she weighed 5 lbs even. I am guessing she is close to 6 now. My hubby was huge too! 10 1/2 lbs and the biggest baby born at his hospital that year, LOL. Oh yay!Tongue Tied
  • i dont find out til next week
  • Loading the player...
  • my DD never wore newborn clothes, and was in size 1 diapers in the hospital. so i hear ya! the woman in my family have all had large babies. 10lbs and 12 lbs!

at 28w baby was almost 4lbs so my OB estimates he will be about 9lbs... same as DD.

• She was 4 lbs. at our appointment at 30 weeks. My dr. said from his judgements by feeling her through my belly at 33 weeks that she was about 5.5 lbs. My guess is that she is going to weigh just at 7lbs. at birth.
    image DD Kara Ashton 11/16/01 SD Karlee Nicole 11/04/00 DD Karsyn Joy 5/15/09 DS Connor Mack 2/25/11 DD Kaitlyn Mae 12/14/12 2 angels 6/2/08 and 6/9/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • Be careful about the weight checks b/c they are not always to accurate. They told me 1 week before I had DS that he was almost 8 lbs. He was born at 6lb 7oz.  This baby they say is weighing 3lb 2oz at 29 weeks. I get another wt check for baby in 2 weeks and I will be 33 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepharmacygirl:
    Be careful about the weight checks b/c they are not always to accurate. They told me 1 week before I had DS that he was almost 8 lbs. He was born at 6lb 7oz.  This baby they say is weighing 3lb 2oz at 29 weeks. I get another wt check for baby in 2 weeks and I will be 33 weeks.

this is so true! i had mine done by a level 2 u/s by a tech who is only there to do weight/growth checks. specifically for high risk PG

if you are getting it done by the regular tech at your OB office... it may not be as accurate. keep that in mind for sure!

• At 34w3d, our boys weigh 5 lbs 2 oz and 5 lbs 10 oz. 

I'm hoping to keep them in at least another 10 days-2 weeks to get them at or above 6 lbs each.  If I can do that, they'll both be bigger than my neice when she was born!

• I get an u/s done by my OB at each appointment.  Wednesday she was measuring about 5.5 lbs and I was just a few days over 35 weeks.  My oldest was born at 35 weeks and was 5 lbs 5 ounces when she was born.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"