3rd Trimester

It's not being asked that's the problem, it's the response!

S/O "How are you feeling?"

I dont care if people want to ask, but don't ask unless you want to hear the truth. And when you do hear the truth, don't try to tell me to be patient or tell me that "it'll be over soon, I promise"

I know it will be over "soon"

But I also know that I have been in an abnormal amount of pain for the last 7 weeks and my dr's can't help me except to tell me to keep waiting and that the only cure is to give birth....but there's no inducing me, they just keep giving me pain med prescriptions.... So ya, I'm effing frustrated! I'm depressed from being so helpless and in pain, and I'm frustrated that it's not over yet.

But if you want to know how I'm doing and I tell you this, don't tell me to keep being patient! AHH. Makes me want to shoot myself. Just tell me "you're right, that sucks" and I will be happy.

Re: It's not being asked that's the problem, it's the response!

• I hate the response... "Well, you better get used to it." I want to throat punch people when they say that.
  • YesYesYes

My favorite:

How are you feeling?
    I'm so exhausted since I can't sleep too well at night.
    Ha! You just wait until the baby arrives.  You won't get any sleep then.

I'm sorry...I didn't realize you were asking me how I would feel after the baby arrives.  I thought you were interested in how I'm feeling now.

• Loading the player...
  • Totally there with you!

?

?

Are you having bad SPD? I've been having it since 28weeks with pain meds and I feel the same way when people say sh!t. It's not like I'm just whining about regular 3rd tri stuff, I'm in a lot of fvcking pain!

• Yes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBearkatLou:
    I hate the response... "Well, you better get used to it." I want to throat punch people when they say that.

This.

Especially from MEN.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemavilabride:

YesYesYes

My favorite:

How are you feeling?
    I'm so exhausted since I can't sleep too well at night.
    Ha! You just wait until the baby arrives.  You won't get any sleep then.

I'm sorry...I didn't realize you were asking me how I would feel after the baby arrives.  I thought you were interested in how I'm feeling now.

YES! THAT IS ANNOYING TOO!

imagemanda_mullins:

Totally there with you!

Are you having bad SPD? I've been having it since 28weeks with pain meds and I feel the same way when people say sh!t. It's not like I'm just whining about regular 3rd tri stuff, I'm in a lot of fvcking pain!

Yeah I have the SPD thing. It sucks big time. My pelvic bone is actually all curved and turned wrong b/c of it. Like the left side turned inward and the right side is curving out to try to make up for it. It's messed up. Been like this for 7 weeks. I am so effing DONE. And so when people tell me to be patient it's like, you don't effing know. I freekin broke my ankle and wasn't in pain for that long!

• I totally agree!

I'm in a massive amount of discomfort and pain, too, and nobody seems to understand.   Even DH tells me, "It's almost over, honey."   Yeah, I know if's almost over, but almost isn't soon enough.   My back feels like my spine is crushed, my tummy load is huge, and my pelvic area constantly hurts.   Please don't tell me its almost over ...

I also hate hearing, "Wait till the baby comes.   You'll wish it was back in."   No, I won't!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"