Baby Names

Aurora middle names (and brief vent)

The previous poster who said she loved Aurora nn. Rory (which is the top contender for us right now) but was worried kids would tease her and call her got me thinking. 

I have to stop caring what everyone thinks so much! I love my list, but almost every name has been put down by someone in some way and I give up. Not everyone has to like it! I cringe when people ask me what we are thinking of naming her and just usually say something like "we change our mind every day."

So this post is not about whether or not you like this name I am just looking for some middle name ideas because i'm stumped.

Re: Aurora middle names (and brief vent)

• this is why I preface our name choices with "This is our decision. Learn to love it." :-D

Aurora (really pretty, btw) 

Aurora Rose (might be TOO Sleeping Beauty, though)

Aurora Marie (my mn, I alway suggest it)

Aurora Riley

Aurora Jade

Aurora Hope

Aurora Brianne (Brianne is NMS, but I feel like it's got a nice flow.)

and now Aurora looks weird because I typed it too much.

HTH!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wouldn't do any middle names with R's in them. ?What about:

Aurora Paige

Aurora Elle

Aurora Faith

Aurora Jane

Aurora Genevieve

Aurora Eve

Aurora Leigh

Aurora Shea

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Aurora Michelle

Aurora Olivia

Aurora Nicole

Aurora Sophia

Aurora Leigh

Aurora Lynn

Aurora Kate

• I know what you mean...you can't and won't please everyone and you don't have to. It's your decision whatever you decide to go with...Rory I think is a good option until she gets older and then she may want to switch to Aurora. Aurora is tough for little kids to say anyway....I can't think of anything that she would get teased with if you called her Rory, so go for it!
  • I know somebody who always said, "We're keeping it a secret until she's born."  It was a great idea.  This way nobody kept giving them suggestions (if they said that they hadn't decided yet) and nobody would disapprove of the name they choose.
  • imageEmmieB:

this is why I preface our name choices with "This is our decision. Learn to love it." :-D

Aurora (really pretty, btw) 

Aurora Rose (might be TOO Sleeping Beauty, though)

Aurora Marie (my mn, I alway suggest it)

Aurora Riley

Aurora Jade

Aurora Hope

Aurora Brianne (Brianne is NMS, but I feel like it's got a nice flow.)

and now Aurora looks weird because I typed it too much.

HTH!

LOL. Joseph would have been Marianna Aurora Rose if he was a girl. All family names. But my niece is obsessed with Sleeping Beauty, and thinks all princesses are "Roras." And "Rora Rose," is what she thinks Sleeping Beauty's name is. So when we told her what the baby's name was going to be, we thought she'd be excited, but she burst into tears and was all upset because "That's me! I'm Rora Rose!" (We had just taken her to Disney and bought her the full on Sleeping Beauty ensemble.)

So then she started giving us suggestions for other names. "What about Barbie? Or Cinderella? Or Little Mermaid?" It was too funny, and it completely changed her mind about wanting a girl cousin. She was thrilled that Joseph was a boy.

• Aurora Brielle

Aurora Brynn

Mom to an almost 4 y/o and an almost 2 y/o. In process of growing our family through adoption.
  • Aurora Noelle was the first one that popped into my head.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"