3rd Trimester

tylenol PM

i know that we can take tylenol but can we take tylenol pm?  2 nights ago i was up every hour and a half and last night i was up every hour.  i need some decent sleep!
Chef Paige Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: tylenol PM

• I don't know about Tylenol PM. Check with your OB on that. 

A coworker of mine had to go on Ambien during her pregnancy to get some sleep.

Good luck to you and the quest for sound sleep!  I sure miss it. 

• Tylenol Pm is nothing but Tylenol and benadryl. If both are on your "safe" list- then you can take it.

FWIW- I got the go ahead from my OB to take it whenever I need it. Just DO NOT take more than two pills every 6 hours.

• Loading the player...
  • i take it at least 2 times a week.... also the makers of tylenol make a sleeping pill called "simple sleep" that is safe
  • When it comes to meds I would ask my doctor.  It might be different for every person.  Depending on your pregnancy.  Better to be safe than sorry!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would also check with your OB to see if you can take it- just to be sure.

Also currently suffering from slepless nights, I think it's just your body preparing you for when the baby gets here. :]

• I agree, clear it with your doctor, but I did take it almost every night for three weeks with my 2nd pregnancy due to that restless leg feeling where you cannot stop moving to fall asleep...it did the job. I only took 1 of the recommended 2 dosage b/c it was almost too much dose for me, so try cutting it in half if you feel weird in the morning or can't shake off the sleepiness.
  • I take it almost every night these days! Only one, but my OB said it was just fine. I was taking Unisom which was reccomended by my OB but I ran out. I guess they suggest it to pregnant women to help with morning sickness as well.
  • If you decide to go with it, dont waste your money on Unisom or any other brand name product- buy store brand benadryl (diphenhydramine). And dont take tylenol PM if you dont have pain! Its all a marketing scheme- if you only need help falling asleep just take the "PM" part of it- aka diphenhydramine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    IMG_0173.11
    Trying for #2 since July 2010
    BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
    BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
    BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
    Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
    BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
    Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB is fine with Tylenol PM.  In fact she told me that I can take it every four hours....so no more waking up in the middle of the night to lay there until the sun comes up....
  • thanks ladies.  i just bought some.  wish me luck tonight!
    Chef Paige Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"