3rd Trimester

So I looked up our kid's name meaning

and it's TOTALLY lame lol.

?

Frederick - peaceful ruler

Thomas - twin

?

?

Also, I want him to have 2 middle names but DH thinks it would be too long and confusing (Frederick Thomas Edward). Thoughts? ?And i know it is a mouthful, so that's why we're still undecided. ?

Re: So I looked up our kid's name meaning

• Unless you want to honor someone, one middle name is more than enough. I don't think the Edward flows very well with the other two names anyway.?
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Edward wouldnt have came from your love of Twilight...would it? lol.

SO Frederick Thomas Edward Mullins?...thats kinda long..but cute!

• Loading the player...
  • Depending on your last name, those 3 names are a lot to say!! I would stick to Frederick Thomas and only use one middlename.

If it makes you feel better, our DDs name means "Red". Lame! :)

• I think it sounds good. I looked up Chloe a while back and it means Blooming-my little Blooming Rose :) Scary how that worked out. Anyway, MrsHowdy's son has 2 middle names! I think it's unique. I say go for it!
  • I know people who have 2 middle names. It's not like people are going to be calling "Frederick Thomas Edward your-last-name" all the time!?
  • imagecassiedawn:

Edward wouldnt have came from your love of Twilight...would it? lol.

?

Haha no. More from a love of jane austen.

?

Our girl name has two middle names lol! I think I just dislike frederick so much that i'm reaching now.?

• Braedan- Salmon or strong, depending on where you look

John- God is Gracious  (howdy & mines grandfathers first names, my dads middle name)

William- strong willed warrior (freakin great, that explains everything, howdys grandfathers middle name)

• Yeah, I think the two middle names are perfectly fine. We're probably going to be doing that to honor my father (Raymond) and include the Russian patronimic (Romanovic). I know it sounds weird "____ Raymond Romanovich _____" but doesn't look like we can help it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • WTF!! i just looked up the meaning of JJ's name

Joaquin: GOD will establish

Javier:new house

God will establish a new house!! what in the world!!!

• imagemanda_mullins:
    imagecassiedawn:

Our girl name has two middle names lol! I think I just dislike frederick so much that i'm reaching now. 

Aw, Where did Frederick com from?

• imagecassiedawn:
    imagemanda_mullins:
    imagecassiedawn:

?

?

Our girl name has two middle names lol! I think I just dislike frederick so much that i'm reaching now.?

?

DH's dad's name and Thomas is my dad's name.

Now I'm kind of thinking find a new FIRST name, since both dads already know our name choice and it would be awkward to change it. Then it could be ______ Frederick Thomas.

?

Why am I changing my mind right now?!?!?!?

• imagemanda_mullins:
    imagecassiedawn:
    imagemanda_mullins:
    imagecassiedawn:

Our girl name has two middle names lol! I think I just dislike frederick so much that i'm reaching now. 

DH's dad's name and Thomas is my dad's name.

Now I'm kind of thinking find a new FIRST name, since both dads already know our name choice and it would be awkward to change it. Then it could be ______ Frederick Thomas.

Why am I changing my mind right now?!?!?! 

Probably bc you are getting nervous! You are really close!! Dont stress. But you need to love the name at the same time!!

• I think 2 middle names or having a first name like Mary Ellen, etc AND having a middle name is TOTALLY a personal preference.  I think the names you've picked for lil' one sound very sophisticated.  I like them! 

Both of my nieces have long names...

Savannah Jane Katherine  SJ is her first name, Katherine is her middle name.  My sis and BIL are totally parrotheads.  Savannah Jane is Jimmy Buffett's dtrs name.  Katherine is a family name.

Chloe Evelyn Clare.  Evelyn was a grandmother and Clare is my middle name.  Kinda cool having part of my name being passed on :)

I would definitely consider using two middle names, but I think DH will say no.  Not that we have ANY names picked out yet :sigh:

•  i like the name Fredrick Thomas Edward

we are doing 2 middle names

Maddisyn Liliandra Jade

Kyden Jerry-Ray

• I have three middle names, so I definitely don't think two is too many!!  I like Frederick, though. 
  • Does your DH want all of your kids to have 2 middle names?  If not, I say stick with one.  My cousin has given all of her kids 2 middle names and I think it's fine - they are all family names.  NMS but I don't think anything of it.
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagemiemie20:

i like the name Fredrick Thomas Edward

we are doing 2 middle names

Maddisyn Liliandra Jade

Kyden Jerry-Ray

WOW!  What are the odds that both of us are spelling Maddisyn that way?!?!  That's so cool!  That is, IF you have a girl...  

Smile 

• I think that

Thomas Frederick Edward Mullins

flows better than the other combinations, Plus, you said you've been calling him Tommy already...

• I dont think Frederick's meaning is lame at ALL. I think its great.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • If it makes you feel better my dd's first name means helmet head.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• We are naming our son Parker and his name means "Keeper of the Parks" lol.  Hopefully he will accomplish more than being a park ranger someday :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"