3rd Trimester

dying your hair ?

do you do it yourself out of box or go to salon?

I really want to get a hair cut today and been wanting to dye my hair for 7 months now. I was just getting a box and DH was doing it to save some money. I now people do it but should I just wait I waited this long. The thing is I have some gray hair on top and they have been realy bothering me latley so I think I'll feel better if I cut and dye my hair. What would you do if you were me ?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: dying your hair ?

• I dyed mine 2 days ago at a salon. My hair changed color when I got pregnant and it was driving me nuts! It looked like I had dyed my hair but I didn't. I couldn't take it anymore.

• My doctor said it was fine to dye your hair, just be sure to be in a well ventilated area. I have done my hair 3 times (from a box) at home. DH made me wear a mask Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    IMG_0173.11
    Trying for #2 since July 2010
    BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
    BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
    BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
    Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
    BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
    Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly if you're going to dye it, go to the salon.  Because you're hair changes during pregnancy if anything goes wrong or you don't like it, they can help fix it.  Just remember that it may not turn out exactly like you had pictured.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I did highlights back in 1st tri. Call the pg police!

If i were you though, I'd go to the salon, because I've also heard that with pregnancy hair takes the dye differently.

• image**Gretchen**:

If i were you though, I'd go to the salon, because I've also heard that with pregnancy hair takes the dye differently.

Yes this!

• I will usually do mine right out the box but i'm terrified too while i'm pregnant. I've heard that your hair changes and it may not come out the right color and all that good stuff so I figured i'd either get it done at a salon or wait until all my hormones die back down!
  • If I were you, I would color my hair for sure.  ^_^

Whether I'd do it out of a box or at the salon depends on what color I was planning.  Since I'm me (and not you), I would do it at home, because I typically dye my hair one of the darkest available shades (either brown-black or blue-black) and those have the lowest rate of weirdness.  However, if you dye your hair red or auburn or some variety of blonde, i would DEFINITELY go to the salon.  I know a number of people who have come out with orange or Ronald McDonald-red hair when they meant something much more... attractive.  :)  If that happens at the salon, they are obligated to fix it free of charge, but if you get a box and do it at home, you have to pay for hair color twice: once for the box and once for the salon.

• I've been coloring my hair every six to eight weeks at the salon. I just don't trust myself enough to do it right. Today, I'm getting my hair cut and colored.?
  • image**Gretchen**:

I did highlights back in 1st tri. Call the pg police!

This is so true - be prepared for a surprise if you do it yourself! 

I have colored my hair at home for years because I went gray at a young age.  The first time I colored while pg, I got a surprise - what normally turns out as a medium brown was black!  Other than the initial shock, it didn't look too bad so I just let it fade out naturally. 

GL!

• I have been going to the salon every other month to get my hair, cut, dyed, or both as it was one thing my doc said was ok to do and keeps me feeling like a human being.  If you can swing it financially go to the salon; there is nothing better than being pampered!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Salon = pampering (!yes!)and low-chemical options. ?I got a glaze at about 4 months (I couldn't take it anymore either) and it was great. ?I had them match my roots and it's lasted... it was also better chemical-wise than a box or regular hair color. ?GL!?
  • Go to the salon, enjoy your free time now.  I just had mine done today, I feel sooo much better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"