1st Trimester

Insomnia

So, since the day before I got a positive pregnancy test I have been unable to sleep for more than 4 hours at night. My "normal" bedtime is between 11:00-11:30 PM and so for several nights I was unable to sleep past 3:30 AM and I thought maybe if I went to bed earlier I might be able to get more sleep even if I woke up at 3:30. However, if I go to bed at 9 PM, I wake up at 1 AM, if I go to sleep at 12 AM I wake up at 4 AM. I am exhausted by the afternoon, but I seem to be unable to fall asleep for a decent nap. Anyway, my main question is, have any of you been experiencing some type of insomnia and if so what has helped you to be able to fall asleep, stay asleep or go back to sleep? Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Insomnia

• Call OB.. you need sleep... Mine DR prescribed a sleep aid for me with my 1st preg. It's amazing what 8 good hours of restful sleep can do for you!!
  • I'm also having a lot of trouble sleeping. Its actually so bad today I'm on the verge ot tears as I type about it at work.

I work long days, Monday-Thursday 9-730 with an hour drive to work. I can barely make it into work on time. I have no time for exercise on the days I work because I'm so tired. 

For me its not so much that I only sleep 4 hours, but I get up about that often to go to the bathroom and then lay there a while trying to get back to sleep for a few hours and it doesn't feel like I actually sleep, just feels like I'm laying there until my alarm goes off. 

I have my next appointment next Thursday (12weeks) and I will talk to my OB then....if I can make it that long.

OH, I only feel this way on the work days...weekend days are ok when I can sleep in.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi. I've been having trouble sleeping throughout my pregnancy. I usually get to sleep but then wake up at some point. I'm a light sleeper and feel every gurgle. I usually give myself an hour of trying to go back to sleep (after I pee, get a drink and sometimes a snack). After that I just get up bc I don't want to keep my DH up. I just try to do something to make me tired- fold laundry, organize bills, watch Lifetime tv). I asked my midwife and she sd to drink warm milk with some butter. let me know if you find something that works.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"