3rd Trimester

is anyone embarrassed to show their belly?

I'm just curious if anyone else is. I'm kinda embarrassed to show my belly to certain people, not immedate family though.

i think it's because of the few stretch marks i have (from my previous pg) and they look huge because they're stretching again =(

i'm done with my burger, btw. =)

oh yeah.. and now my belly feels bigger =)

Happily Married DH on 11/11/06

*My life revolves around a bunch of boys!*

Proud Mommy to these angels:

TP - Lost baby & my tube 10/12/14;

MM at 13 wks - March 2007 &

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Rainbow babiesLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: is anyone embarrassed to show their belly?

• The only person who has ever actually seen my belly is DH. No one else has asked if they did I think i wouldnt let them look. =/
  • I'm not really embarrassed by it. Somedays I think it looks kind of gross with the strech marks, all the veins showing and how hairy my bump is now. lol. but I still don't mind showing people.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedgurl26:
    I'm not really embarrassed by it. Somedays I think it looks kind of gross with the strech marks, all the veins showing and how hairy my bump is now. lol. but I still don't mind showing people.

• Do people actually ask you to lift your shirt and show your belly?  Mine's posted on her, but no one asks to see my belly in person.  I'm always flaunting it to dh and showed my mom.
  • imageLoops925:
    imagedgurl26:
    I'm not really embarrassed by it. Somedays I think it looks kind of gross with the strech marks, all the veins showing and how hairy my bump is now. lol. but I still don't mind showing people.

i left out the hairy belly too.

• I'm not embarrassed by it... I just worry about peoples' reactions.

My younger SIL was in town for the weekend and she was in my bedroom as I was getting ready to go out. I told her she better turn the other way while I lather up my belly with lotion, but she was curious what it looked liked...

I'm pretty sure she was terrified.?

She's only 17, so we'll consider it some good birth control :)?

• I was supposed to go and get maternity pics done today, but ended up not going bc I was worried they would look bad bc of all the strech marks, and my wierdo mark from my bellybutton ring.  Dh calls it my snowman...
  • Oh, I don't show my belly.  I am more modest that way anyway (never owned a bikini) but then you throw in my stretch marks and there's no way I'd show anyone.  I have a hard enough time letting my ob see it! LOL
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagelittlewifey:

I'm pretty sure she was terrified. 

She's only 17, so we'll consider it some good birth control :) 

Lol I work with a 17 year old and she asked to see it. She didn't look impressed and said "I'm not having any kids any time soon!" lol I got a kick out of it.

• imagedoozerdaisy:
    Do people actually ask you to lift your shirt and show your belly?  Mine's posted on her, but no one asks to see my belly in person.  I'm always flaunting it to dh and showed my mom.

yes a few people do... mainly because they think i'm my belly is bigger this time around =/

• imagedgurl26:
    imagelittlewifey:

I'm pretty sure she was terrified. 

She's only 17, so we'll consider it some good birth control :) 

Lol I work with a 17 year old and she asked to see it. She didn't look impressed and said "I'm not having any kids any time soon!" lol I got a kick out of it.

Maybe that should be the new anti - teen pregnancy campaign!  A bunch of preggos with strech marks...

FYI (I am not judging any one who is currently or has even been in a teenage pregnancy - flaming not neccesary)Wink

• imageMama Jan:
    Oh, I don't show my belly.  I am more modest that way anyway (never owned a bikini) but then you throw in my stretch marks and there's no way I'd show anyone.  I have a hard enough time letting my ob see it! LOL

me too! especially because everytime she measures my belly she says "yeap, you're definitely growing" lol!

• My DH is the only person who has seen my preggo belly, I am way too embarrassed for anyone else to see it with all these stretch marks - yuck!
  • Nope, I'm not - I've always had a poochy tummy and have been pretty self conscious about it, but now I have a reason for the pooch so I've become a lot more confidant (odd, I know). Even with the stretch marks I'm getting, my weird belly button and dark linea negra line I still love it and still take bare belly shots.

Once I'm not pregnant anymore, I can't say I'll be jumping to wear a bikini again though...haha

•  DH is really the only person to see my preggo belly though he's constantly trying to show it off to people whenever we talk about the baby. I get totally embarassed everytime and have to convince him to leave my shirt alone. lol

• Maybe that should be the new anti - teen pregnancy campaign!? A bunch of preggos with strech marks...

This may not actually be too bad of an idea lol, It would have scared me when I was younger.?

• imageBugLuv:
    I was supposed to go and get maternity pics done today, but ended up not going bc I was worried they would look bad bc of all the strech marks, and my wierdo mark from my bellybutton ring.  Dh calls it my snowman...

be proud of your stretch marks! or you could always use a photo editing thing. the "fix blemish" or "fix wrinkles" options blur most of that. heck, even myspace has a customize photo option now and it has effects.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My mom, DH, and my docs are the only people who have seen it. I intend to keep it that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"