Baby Names

Collin?

I love the name Collin for a boy, but my DH thinks it's wimpy.  I'm just curious to see if others have the same impression...I obviously don't.  Also, what is the more traditional spelling?  Collin or Colin?  Thanks!

Re: Collin?

• I don't think it is a wimpy name at all. I think traditionally, it has one "l" but I've seen it both ways

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• I love this name as well. I don't think it sounds wimpy at all. Whenever a romance novel is set in Scotland the go to name for the rugged strong hero it seems is always Collin!
  • Loading the player...
  • Colin is the more trad spelling. I like it, but it's very British sounding. NMS for a boy i prefer more basic names
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LMS05LMS05 member
    Colin in the more traditional spelling, but I prefer Collin because a lot people pronounce Colin like "colon". I really love the name Collin. DH didn't. It sounds masculine to me.?
  • Very nice name. I like Collin better than Colin. How does it sound wimpy?!?!
  • I like Colin & I don't think it sounds wimpy at all
  • I like Colin, it's a nice name. I like that spelling as well. I don't think it's wimpy.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I love the name! I prefer Colin, but I think it is really masculine and strong- and every Colin I have ever met was hot and manly LOL!
  • well my gorgeous kiddo is colin so i personally think it's a great name - and no one has ever pronounced it colon
  • I love the name, especially spelled Colin and I think it is very masculine.
  • I like it a lot. Colin is the trad. spelling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Colin is the more traditional spelling, and also more common. Our combo was Colin Gabriel.

Does Colin Farrell look wimpy to you? :)

• Its NMS, but I would never think of the name as wimpy.

I prefer Colin over Colllin

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son (pic in Sig) is Colin (one l) - so of course I do not think it is a wimpy name :)

one l is traditional

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"