3rd Trimester

Head Down ??

I had my appointment yesterday and she said that the baby's head was down. ?Does NE1 know if once it's down, does it typically stay down?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Head Down ??

• Majority of the time, yes the head stays down, but there is still that chance that they can turn to breech. They can flip either way all the way up to delivery.
  • As long as there is enough room for baby to move around, anything is possible! Most babies stay head down once they turn.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • At 34 weeks, it's pretty safe to say the baby is there to stay.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • my son yesterday decided to flip and now i have a scheduled c-section on tuesday. i hope this doesnt happen to anyone else.
  • She went from head down to head up between 34w and 35w. I am hoping she goes back!
  • At my 30 week checkup she was already head down. I just had my 32 week checkup shes still head down. So anything is possible. But i heard once they are there they usually stay. If not.. you still have a few weeks!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I had an ultrasound at my 30 week app and my babies head was already down, I had another one today (32 weeks) and his head was still down.  Im not sure if it typically stays that way, but my dr said it was great that his head was down still...
  • Just asked my Doc that this morning. He said the baby can / will turn every which way (without concern) up until 36 weeks. After that, they're so cramped, they should stay head down from then on.
  • My baby has been head down since the 19 week ultrasound. He hasn't flipped once.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"