Baby Names
Options

wdyt: one syllable first name w/ one syllable last name?

Our favorite boy name is Chase. And my DH wants John as a mn (he really likes CJ, which is fine w/ me) But our last name is also one syllable. Do you think that sounds funny?

Chase John (last name pronounced like Store)

Any other C boy names suggestions?

Much thanks!!!!

Re: wdyt: one syllable first name w/ one syllable last name?

• Options
    eh..what if you used Chase Johnathan?
  • Options
    opps sorry, John is a family name on both sides. forgot to mention. both of our fathers have John as middle names.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think having all one-syllable names is fine.  ESPECIALLY if you're planning to call your son CJ anyway.  Besides, I don't know ANYBODY (Well, I lied.  I know maybe two) who uses the middle name in regular conversation.  So, if you like Chase and you want to honor the tradition of John, do it!
  • Options
    I prefer Chase Jonathan, but I can understand why you'd want to keep it just John. I don't think Chase John is horrible, but I think I would keep looking for a different name.
  • Options
    It's NMS. It would be a bit too blunt sounding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dpdwdpdw member

My married name is one syllable & DH was adamant that our kids have multisyllabic first names, but I don't have a problem with it generally speaking. 

• Options

imagecosmobella:
    It's NMS. It would be a bit too blunt sounding.

I agree with this.  I have a cousin whose last name is one syllable.  His first name is Michael, and all his life his mom has been adament that he go by Michael, and not Mike, because Mike with their one syllable last name is too harsh sounding.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • Options
    whhhhhaaaaa, i know i think one syllable first and last names are a bit harsh sounding too. but chase is my favorite boy name. :( maybe we can change our last name instead. lol.
  • Options

imageshoshigana@yahoo.com:
    I think having all one-syllable names is fine.  ESPECIALLY if you're planning to call your son CJ anyway.  Besides, I don't know ANYBODY (Well, I lied.  I know maybe two) who uses the middle name in regular conversation.  So, if you like Chase and you want to honor the tradition of John, do it!

I agree. 

• Options
    I really like Chase too, but Chase John just DOES NOT sound good together. I say dump John, heck with the fam...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My son is Cole James(James was my father's first name) and we have a one-syllable last name.  Then we named DD Claire Elizabeth(I wanted to give her my MN of Rose but couldn't another one-syllable MN).   I think it's a little harsh-sounding but like their first names, oh well.

So funny that DH and I do not want our son to go by initials CJ and you guys do. 

Either way, I'm due in August and we happen to like a few other one-syllable first names but I refuse to do that again or use another C/K name(and I LOVE so many C namesSad )  On DH's side 5 out of 8 grandkids first names start w/ C. 

• Options
    I think it depends on the first name and last name. Our twins both have one syllable fn/ln and I think it sounds fine, but all three name with one syllable is pretty choppy. However, since you are doing it for family significance, you may be willing to sacrifice flow. I wouldn't, but that's up to you...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member

imagelivinthegoodlife:
    whhhhhaaaaa, i know i think one syllable first and last names are a bit harsh sounding too. but chase is my favorite boy name. :( maybe we can change our last name instead. lol.

Tell me about it! Our last name is one syllable and my favorite names are one syllable (Jack, Luke, Claire, Paige, Kate). I've learned to love longer names. We are going with Elizabeth, Caroline, Nicholas, Zachary, or Gregory.?

My cousin is named Chase Lund, but I agree it's too blunt. He's never complained about it though. I love the name Chase too. ?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"