Baby Names

Ramona?

We looked back at the whole list of family names and DH's great-grandmother's name was Ramona. I've always liked this name and I don't think it's gaining that much popularity. I was thinking Ingrid Ramona... how does everyone feel about that?

Re: Ramona?

• I'm not a fan of Ingrid, but I think Ramona is cute (even though it does make me think of Ramona Quimby).
  • Ingrid? I don't like it.  I think it sounds like an old lady.  Ramona is "ok" - can't help but think of Quimby though....
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't like Ramona.  DH's aunt's name is Ramona and everyone calls her Mona.  Makes me think of "moaner"Tongue Tied  (And she's not a pleasant woman to be around.)

I like Ingrid, though!

• I was going to comment "Only if your last name is Quimby," but I actually REALLY like it as a mn with Ingrid.  I think the full name sounds absolutely fantastic.

ETA: I forgot to mention that I LOVE Ingrid.  It's very high on my list of "Names I Desperately Want to Use, but Can't because They Sound Awkward with My Married Name."
  • I love the name Ramona.  What's wrong with the Quimby association?  Those books were adorable, and she was a spunky smart little thing!  (I also liked her sister's name, Beatrice!)

I knew an Ingrid in college, she was blonde and Swedish-looking, so it worked for her.  :)

Since Ingrid can be a little hard to say (especially for a kid), I like Ramona Ingrid better than Ingrid Ramona.

But overall, I likes. 

• This is one of my favorite names.  I really wanted it as a mn for our girl name, but DH convinced me to use a family name instead.  Since it is a family name for you, I would definitely recommend it!

• I think Ramona is cute!!! I would also prefer as first name but Ingrid is Ok.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like both names! Personally, I like Ingrid better as the first name than if you switched it and put Ramona first!
  • If it is a family name go for it. It's not really my style though.?

I do like Ingrid. I had a neighbor in high school named Ingrid, and she was tall, thin, and blonde, very swedish looking, so it worked on her.?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ah!  Ingrid Bergman is so beautiful!  (And totally not entirely blonde!)  Anyway, I think both names are lovely.  I'm a big supporter of using family names, or otherwise honoring ancestors in the naming of new babies, so I'm excited to hear that you're considering a name like that!  Yay!

And the Quimby association is totally something of our generation.  Your daughter is likely not going to run up against that at all.

• LMS05LMS05 member
    Ingrid is NMS. Ramona is fine since it's a family name. I'd use Ramona.?
  • My niece was going to be named?Phoebe?Ramona, and at the last second they changed it... but I always thought it flowed well together... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"