2nd Trimester

When did your DH first feel baby move?

My husband has yet to feel our baby move.  I feel her all the time and more and more from the outside.  I think our timing just hasn't been right yet.  He is really anxious to feel her though.  So when was your DH able to feel your baby move?

Re: When did your DH first feel baby move?

• 22 weeks with this pregnancy. 26-27 weeks with DS. My placenta is also anterior....
  • 19 weeks with this pregnancy, but about 23 weeks with DS.
  • Loading the player...
  • Last Thursday night - he hasn't felt him since though.  It's more timing than anything.  I sit at my desk unable to do work because I'm feeling the baby move/kick my hand...and then when I get home, nothing.
  • Most people don't believe us, but DH felt our baby at 16w5d!  He didn't feel her again until around 21 weeks though because everytime I'd tell him she was kicking she would stop right when he put his hand on my belly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH was able to feel him on Sunday, so 21 weeks and a few days. He was getting frustrated too. It is just a matter of time and timing, as you say.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 24 weeks or so.

He's only felt her a couple of times total, though, and both of those times I made him sit on the couch with his hand on my belly for at least 30 minutes!  It seems like the baby always stops kicking as soon as he tries to feel her!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • Around 21/22 weeks. It is all about timing. I feel her a lot, but DH has been having more lucky when I am laying down right before bed. Its so cute how excited DH gets when he feels her. Hopefully your DH can experience this soon.
  • I was 19 weeks and a couple of days when FI felt kicks for the first time. Even now, though, he doesn't feel every movement but it's more every week.
  • 16 weeks for us!!  Our boy is quite the kicker and my hubby gets to feel him every day!!  LOVE IT sooo much! 
  • I just felt it for the first time this morning on the outside.  Poor Dh is missing out :(
  • Probably around 22-23 weeks.
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • right around 21 weeks, I believe.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He felt it around 18-19 weeks. This was with an anterior placenta too. 
  • DH has yet to feel him because right when he puts his hand on my belly LO stops kicking, plus I have anterior placenta.

• still waiting.

I can barely feel her on the outside.   The few times I've had DH put his hand there, she's stopped moving.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Still has yet to feel him.  ;(
  • 19 weeks with this pregnancy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine felt it at 19 weeks. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Collin 7.26.09   Sarah 6.18.11   Sammy 5.30.13
  • We were lucky; I felt him at 16w4d and DH felt him kicking at 18w2d. I find that when I lay back more (not a full sitting position), it's easier for DH to feel (and see!) him kicking.
  • Last night!  He was so excited... cutest thing ever!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husband felt him for the first time on Sat! So....18w6d :)
  • 18 weeks or so, but not consistently, and no one else has been able to feel her yet. She gets really shy, and she's mostly active at night in bed, and really pretty low still. He sits there with his hand on my tummy while we read in bed, waiting for her to move. Sometimes I think he's just feeling gas bubbles though  :)
  • He felt it just last week on the plane to Hawaii (25wks)...our son does NOT like planes apparently.

His face totally lit up with actually being able to feel him move! Everytime before that I tried to get him to feel it, he would stop moving when he put his hand on me...I made my DH feel better by telling him he was just "calming him down with his touch"...he seemed to buy it! LOL!

• imagesare_bear:
    I just felt it for the first time this morning on the outside.  Poor Dh is missing out :(

ditto!

I almost woke DH up but didnt because I didnt know if they would do it again.  And I am glad I didnt because I only felt it once.  My DH likes his sleep, LOL.

• afgafg member
    He felt her around 18 weeks.
  • Baby was moving quite a bit when we got into bed last night.  My husband put his hand on my stomache for about 15mins and felt the baby kick 3 times! It was the hardest I have ever felt the baby kick. He was in awe <3
  • The first time DH felt our LO was around 16-17 weeks. It was still fairly early back then, and I never expected him to be able to feel it. We were lying in bed, and he was jokingly knocking on my stomach and poking it. All of a sudden, much higher up and stronger than before, I got a kick in response!

It took until this past weekend though for him to feel it again. I was lying on my back for a few minutes, and I put his hand at the place LO seems to be most active. Took a few minutes, but he got to feel it quite a few times.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just started feeling mine move about 2 weeks ago and this week he/she has been moving around like crazy.  I may need to cut down on the sugar.  This morning, I think the feet were on my right side, because I felt the baby moving there from the outside twice.  DH wasn't around to feel it, but I'm guessing if he wanted to sit by me for hours waiting (which wouldn't surprise me), I bet he'd feel it sooner or later.
  • 12 weeks after drinking a sugar filled icy drink. Also during worship at church the baby loves the music. Sometimes I wonder why so early maybe twins or either a super strong Korean kicker!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"