Baby Names
Options

Should we change Cecile to Cecilia?

We can always shorten it to Cecile as a nn, right?

The reason I'm asking is because people are all ready confusing her name.  I'm starting to feel like I'm in the twilight zone where 'Cecile' is a name I made up or something....

wdyt?

Re: Should we change Cecile to Cecilia?

• Options

I think it's a pretty name, and you should use whichever name you prefer Smile

2012 Races: Mar 24: Great Human Race 5K. April 28: 5K for Fitness
  • Options
    I like Cecile better, she will propably correct people her whole life but we get used to that!  You obviously Cecile better, do what you love
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Personally I prefer Cecilia, but you should pick the name you prefer.  Before we knew #2 was a boy we were going to name the baby Celia if he were a girl and that surely would have caused Cecilia confusion.  But I liked it best.
  • Options
    Both are lovely options! Don't worry... you didn't make up Cecile.
  • Options
    I like them both. I would just stick with Cecile if that's what you like best.
  • Options
    I think Cecilia is probably the more well known of the two, but do what you like b/c the other one is definitetly not made up. You are just asking people who lack familiarity with it that is all.
  • Options
    yaleyale member
    I'd stick with Cecile.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like Cecile better
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

People will confuse names all over the place, regardless of what you name your baby.  My name is Shoshana and I get called Shannon all the time.  (I know, totally unrelated, right?)

You totally did NOT make up Cecile (it's a French version of Cecilia).  And she'll get used to correcting people.  And I'm sure she'll be very good-natured about it.  BUT!  She'll never have to be Ashley #3 in class!

• Options
    Both are beautiful names; I don't think you should have to change a thing! Some people are REALLY dumb... just let them be.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like Cecile better.  Another option is Cecily.
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    Both are fine
  • Options
    I prefer Cecilia.  You can always call her Cecile as a nn. 
  • Options

I like cecile.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"