3rd Trimester

How late will your doc let you go?

At my last appt. the doctor told me that they don't induce labor unless the baby is more than two weeks late. They will allow it to go that long before doing anything. They really want the baby to come on its own. What's your doctor's feeling on this?

Re: How late will your doc let you go?

• They prefer to let the baby come on its own up to 1 week after due date but they will induce on your due date if you want to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • between 41-42 weeks :(
  • Loading the player...
  • 41 weeks is when I am being induced. That is standard at my OB's office.

New studies are showing that babies generally do better and have less complications if born before 42 weeks.  

IMG_0888edit Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't ask a specific time frame, but I did ask about being induced because everyone that I know that has been induced has had nothing but problems.  I don't want to be.

My midwife said that as long as there is adequate fluid and baby/nor I are in danger, then we will wait for baby to come on her own.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I want my baby to come on her own too, but my doc will only let me go a week late. 

I understand that two weeks late is more standard and that if you go much later than that the placenta can begin to decalcify and an outside baby is healthier than an inside baby.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • They will let me go over 10 days. Thats it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • My due date is Sunday and I have a NST scheduled on Monday with my doctor, she has been away on vacation. I'll find out then where she stands on this topic.
  • imagefreeburger16:

41 weeks is when I am being induced. That is standard at my OB's office.

New studies are showing that babies generally do better and have less complications if born before 42 weeks.  

This

• My OB said they would talk about induction at my next appointment which will be at 40 weeks.
    BFP#1=1/17/08 Missed m/c: 3/19/08@ 12 w D&C 3/21/08 BFP #2=8/5/08 She arrived 4/16/09! image BFP#3 7/9/11 EDD:3/16/11 Logan Patrick born sleeping on 3/20/11 image
  • My doc will induce between 41 and 42 weeks (41 at the earliest, 42 at the latest).  He won't let you go longer than 42 (who'd want to?).  He won't induce before 41 weeks unless there is a medical reason for doing so. 

He won't induce at all before 40 weeks - he says if there is a medical reason that baby must be delivered pre-40 weeks, he does it via a scheduled C-section.  (My OB agrees with my belief that early inductions rarely go well, which is part of why I chose him.)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• If I reach 40 weeks they will discuss a plan B and not let me go farther than 41 wks.
  • Since every person is different and there is no "set" gestation time frame (it's between 38 and 42 weeks), then I will only be induced if they believe my placenta is deteriorating. So probably after 42 weeks. Most women go into labor by then anyway, so I will probably be fine.
  • My doctor won't let the baby go more than 1 week after expected due date.
  • My Dr. mentioned not letting me go late at my last appt b.c of my blood pressure... (i like to find the positive in things- and this seems a good one LOL)
    EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• I was just told the other day that they won?t let me go more than 41 weeks. I was hoping not to have to be induced, but I?m not making any progress and she?s pretty convinced I?ll be induced the Tuesday after my due date.

• imagelwilkinson:
    If I reach 40 weeks they will discuss a plan B and not let me go farther than 41 wks.

This

• 14 days past due date.

That is sooo very long - the earliest she'll induce is on 4/27...seems forever from now

• They do NST and u/s at 41 weeks, but if those look good they'll let me go to 42 weeks if I want. If I prefer they'd do the induction at 41
  • He will let me go  a week over.
  • I'm being induced at 38 1/2 weeks because my baby has been measuring so big.  At yesterday's appointment he was measuring two weeks ahead and estimated weight right now is 6lbs 11 ounces, if I can make it two more weeks he'll be a big baby even coming early.  I know exactly when I conceived because we went through fertility treatments.
  • I haven't even asked yet because I'm just praying I make it full term!
  • My doc will induce 1 week past your due date if I want, but she will let me go up to 10 days over if I want to try go into labor on my own.  If I don't go into labor on my own within 10 days past my due date, she will induce. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One week after due date.  I am being induced Monday (41 weeks) if it doesn't happen on its own.  I would prefer it to happen on its own, but I will be more than ready by the time Monday gets here.
  • imageBride7-7-07:

I didn't ask a specific time frame, but I did ask about being induced because everyone that I know that has been induced has had nothing but problems.  I don't want to be.

My midwife said that as long as there is adequate fluid and baby/nor I are in danger, then we will wait for baby to come on her own.

I used to hear about problems all the time, too, but I've had a few coworkers tell me they were induced and it wasn't so bad...no problems or exceptionally long labors.  I think the problems arise if the induction is done too soon???

• At my 37 week appointment he said if I made it until my due date we could start talking inducing then.  I told him I really didn't want to be and he said you could go all the way until 43 weeks but he wouldn't let me go over 42 weeks.
  • PeskyPesky member
    41 wks max.  He was going to induce me with DD at 40wks though because of my swelling.  She came on her own though right before I was supposed to be induced.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• 9 days. I will definitely be having an April baby and not a May baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"