2nd Trimester

MIL just invited herself into the delivery room.

No.  On so many levels, no.  How she arrived at the conclusion that I wanted her in there is completely beyond me.  I love her 9 and 3/4 days out of 10 but seriously...

Re: MIL just invited herself into the delivery room.

• Yeah... no.

What did you say when she told you this?

• I would had to have laughed. My mom said she didn't want to be in there, that she couldn't watch me give birth. I seriously said "That's good because we weren't planning on inviting you..."
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah...no.

If my MIL tried to come in, I'd take a break from labor and beat her a$$..

• Yea... Don't think I want even my own mother in there with me...
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So. Not. Cool.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope.

For the 34573457456th time, thank god for my awesome MIL.

• My MIL, SIL, Sis, Mom, DH, and a midwife will be in attendance for the glorious event. I'm going to feel like a science experiment.
  • I told her that I just wanted it to be me and FI.

Her reply was, and I quote, "Well, J (FI) can stay out in the hall with me and your mom can be in the room with you."

Ah.  No.  He wants to be in there, despite the fact that you think you know him inside and out.  NEWSFLASH: You don't.  Go that way ----->

• I would have to say HELL NO to that!?
  • lkichlkich member

OMG I do NOT want my MIL in the delivery room! I don't even know if I want my Mom there. Yikes! Good luck!

• I would not be happy by her trying to tell me who is going to be where when my child is delivered. I'm sure you and FI will handle her as you see fit! : )

• I don't even want my MIL to know I'm in labor, much less be there. This is sort of funny because she's appointed herself as babysitter for DD while I'm birthing this one, which is just not happening because she doesn't drive.

My BIL invited himself into the delivery room when I was pregnant with my first. DH and I were both speechless for awhile before we gave the big ol' HELL NO. 

Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • I love my MIL too but HELL NO!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup...  I rolled my eyes and changed the subject.  She gets like this and I just don't want to deal.
  • I'd just forget to call her when I go into labor.  But that's just me.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, I would die or beat my MIL up if she was in the delivery room.  I'm planning on just DH, and maybe my mom, but I think I would prefer if DH and I could just share that time together.  My MIL irritates me to death, so I don't want her anywhere near me until after I have the baby and have some time to recover.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh, no way. It was bad enough that she invited herself into the room, but to tell you who she thinks you should have in there... no way.

• HA! I don't care if I have to hire security! My MIL isn't coming near that delivery room!
  • imageSquishycheeks:

Yeah...no.

LOL.  Is it bad that somedays I just hope she barges in, just so I can do this?  It may be the one time I'd ever get to really tell her what I think of her and not have to deal with any fallout...

• oh my !
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • imagedimake:
    imageSquishycheeks:

Yeah...no.

LOL.  Is it bad that somedays I just hope she barges in, just so I can do this?  It may be the one time I'd ever get to really tell her what I think of her and not have to deal with any fallout...

I've thought the same thing lol...Embarrassed

• Oh, no.  i don't even want my own mom in there but she has made it clear she would like to be.
  • I'm considering letting my MIL watch just so that the sight of my vagina scares her into not wanting to stay for two weeks after to dictate how to take care of myself, my husband, the dog and the baby.
  • Oh god no. I don't even want my own mother in the room!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejaxgev:
    I'd just forget to call her when I go into labor.  But that's just me.

This is EXACTLY what I would do!!! Hahaha!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagejaxgev:
    I'm considering letting my MIL watch just so that the sight of my vagina scares her into not wanting to stay for two weeks after to dictate how to take care of myself, my husband, the dog and the baby.
  • imagejaxgev:
    I'm considering letting my MIL watch just so that the sight of my vagina scares her into not wanting to stay for two weeks after to dictate how to take care of myself, my husband, the dog and the baby.

That's one thought.  But I'd bet that seeing your vagina would, in her mind, give her greater entitlement to dictate away. 

• That is wrong on so many levels.  I told my Mom and MIL that they can wait outside and that DH will give updates. 
  • Ugh, people are sooo rude.
  • imageLoveEeyore:

imagejaxgev:

That's one thought.  But I'd bet that seeing your vagina would, in her mind, give her greater entitlement to dictate away. 

I'm confused.  But really that's nothing new.

• Ya no way in hell will my MIL be is the room and I am going to make sure the nurses know that!
  • imagejen-and-ryon:
    Ewww, no!

DITTO! ?

"Develop an interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music -- the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls, and interesting people. Forget yourself." - Henry Miller
  • That is terrible.  I can't believe she just invited herself in.  I would be saying Hell No too!  I am lucky that my MIL wont be asking for that. 
  • I am just laughing right now! That is insane! I could not imagine! My MIL is just coming when the baby is born and is going to stay with us for a bit. But she is NOT going to be in the room. I dont believe she would even ask.

That is insane. Just tell her its an intimate time for you and your DH and to back off!!! 

• there is no way i'd want my MIL in the delivery room with me. I think if she tried i'd start throwing things and totally forget I was in labor till she left.

• Wow, I would just laugh.?

?

If you need some backup, tell her that the Bradley labor book specifically states that distractions during labor can lengthen or completely ?stal labor. I don't know about your MIL, but mine, and even my own mom would be a disruption.?

?

Actually, my mom was a disruption.

?

Comments like, "I know it's uncomfortable" As my contractions were off the chart, come to mind. ?

• Neither Mom nor MIL will be there when I go into transition labor and deliver the kid. NO WAY. They both know this already, and the only exception is if things were to go fast and my Mom drives me there and stuff happens before DH gets there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"