3rd Trimester

How many hours of sleep a night are you getting?

On average, I'm going to bed around 11-11:30pm and getting up around 8:15am. That's a good 9 hours which should be plenty sufficient. Yet it is becoming a huge STRUGGLE for me to open my eyes and get going in the morning. And I feel sluggish for hours afterward. Am thinking I need to go to bed earlier and just get more and more sleep. But was just wondering what you ladies are doing? How much are you getting, etc?

Re: How many hours of sleep a night are you getting?

• You are lucky! I'm in bed by 10:30 but usually wake up about 5 times a night and am up at 6 for work! I'm tired all the time!
  • I go to bed somewhere between 9-10pm and I wake up at 5:30am....so 7 to 8 hours total each night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Typically 10:30 pm to 7:30 am, so 9 hours. That's normal for me pre-pg, too. But I have been exceptionally tired in the afternoons and evenings lately.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm as tired if not even more tired then I was in 1st tri.

I can't really answer the question because I wake up so much during the night changing positions whilst in pain.

I try to go to bed by 10:30pm and get up around 7pm which would probably be plenty of sleep if I actually slept.

"If you find a mate in life, you should be loyal. In your case, grateful."
    SAHM to two sweet girls, both born at home; Baby #3 in 2013!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I go to bed between 10-10:30pm and get up between 7-7:30am.  That's also 8-9 hours of sleep and I struggle.

I sleep so late on the weekends because I'm exhausted.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i go to bed around the same time, except i'm not sleeping. i toss and turn all night. i'll fall alseep for like 20 minutes and then wake up and lay there for like an hour, and it goes on all night long until the sun comes up. then i can sleep soundly for like 2 hours. it is so weird and SUCKY! i can't wait to freakin sleep normal again.
    BFP 11/20/2012. Missed MC on 12/26/2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • You must not be getting a lot of quality sleep during those hours.  I can sleep long periods, but if I wake up frequently and toss and turn all night, I can be exhausted.  But last night, I got almost 8 hours and only woke up once to gulp down some water, and I felt great this morning...

My eyes are on fire now, but that's from staring at this computer all day -- I keep taking breaks to look away, like pros suggest doing, but it isn't helping.  My eyes just want to go home and not HAVE to look at this computer AT ALL the rest of the day!

• Don't you wake up???!!! I get like an hour to hour and a half; wake up to pee and switch sides b'c I have shooting pain down one leg. Then I get like 2-3 hours (after I finally fall back asleep), wake to pee, switch sides b'c of shooting pain down my leg, then I get 2  hours or so til DH alarm goes off, I get up to pee.... It makes for such a long night. who knows how many hours of sleep I actually get. I'm not working though, so I can take it easy during the day and nap.
  • I get about 9 hours at night with about 3-4 bathroom wake-ups. BUT, I am not working, which makes the longer sleep easier.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Right now I'm getting about 8 1/2 hours...I usually lay down right around 9:00pm...and watch the news in bed...go to sleep by 10:00pm...and wake up at 6:30am.  I get tired in the afternoon, after lunch...but other than that, I think I'm getting a good amount of sleep for now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in bed no later than 10 pm...wake up at 1:30-2:00 to shuffle to the ladies room...then I'm back to sleep until 5:20 am. 
  • I get maybe 4 hours broken up. Last night I was up until 2:30am, went to sleep, woke up a few times to pee, then was up at 7am. It's been like this for weeks and I'm soooooo frustrated and tired. My body just can't rest which is why I want this baby out like yesterday!

• 8-9 hours... I am stocking up while I can!!!!! :]
  • I'm getting the right amount of sleep (usually more)...just not the right kind of sleep. 

I go to bed around 11-ish, wake up every hour or so to pee.  The time I wake-up around 4-5 to pee I am so nauseous that it keeps me up, have to take my nausea medicine and get something to eat.  I then attempt to go back to bed where it takes me 1-3 hours to fall back asleep...and I sleep until 9-12.

By then I feel my whole day is wasted (the days I wake up at 11-12) and I have to DRAG my butt out of bed.  Definitely not good.  

• I wake up every 3 hours, and not always to pee.  think it has to do with hormones, getting me prepared for baby. 

• I'm usually in bed asleep by 10 or 10:15 and up by 5.  So about 7.  I do tend to get about 10-12 hours a night on the weekends. 
  • imageniecy:

I get maybe 4 hours broken up. Last night I was up until 2:30am, went to sleep, woke up a few times to pee, then was up at 7am. It's been like this for weeks and I'm soooooo frustrated and tired. My body just can't rest which is why I want this baby out like yesterday!

This is me, although I am not ready for the baby to be here yet.

I go to bed at 10pm and have to be up at 5:30, but I only actually sleep about 4 hours.

I am exhausted!

• i get around 9-10. ?i haven't had much discomfort in that area so i'm thankful. ?i do wake up sluggish so i started drinking a cup of coffee in the mornings again and it keeps me going.

EDIT: and this includes bathroom breaks - i take at least 5 to 6 a night but i'm able to get right back to sleep which is a bit mind boggling. ??

• I sleep from about 10:30 to 7:30 and wake up a few times to pee, but fall right back to sleep.  Last night I ate too much cake and was up until 12:15 with a sugar rush, then I slept until 9 which is the latest I've slept the entire pregnancy, BUT I woke up for an hour around 4 am so I only got about 7 1/2 hours of sleep and feel like I'm in a daze.
  • Not much.... I'm usually *in* bed from 11:30pm to 6:45am and I feel like I am awake most of the night.
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I guess about 8 or 9.  I'm usually asleep before 10 and up between 6 and 7.  My big problem is the 3 am to 4 am hour.  Many nights I get up to pee and I can't get back to sleep.  I find though, it doesn't matter how much I sleep.  I'm still exhausted during the day.
  • I go to bed between 9:30 and 10pm, and wake up around 8 or 8:30... but I also wake up two or three times to pee, and another two or three times because I have to roll over or move my legs or something...  So I don't think I ever get more than two hours or so of uninterrupted sleep.
  • It's hard to count because of all the waking up due to discomfort and full bladder!  I go to bed around 10:30 and get up about 6:30, but I would say I spend about a third of that time awake.  It stinks!  I rarely sleep more than an hour or so without waking up.
  • I go to bed around 11p.m. and get up around 7:30a.m. That gives me about 8.5 hours of sleep.  But, it is really poor sleep.  I'm up at least 4 times a night to pee...and now insomnia has seemed to kick in a bit.  So around the 3a.m. pee I can't always fall back asleep and I'm until 5a.m. 

Naps have been really helpful lately, when I can sneak one in when I get home from work. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
    ~Emily & Scott est. 6.9.07
    ~BFP 8.8.08 = Andrew Liam 4.24.09
    ~BFP 2.4.11 natural mc 2.27.11 7w5d
    ~BFP 10.16.11, Due 6.24.12, praying this baby grows!
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Emilyd422/?action=view
  • i have the same problem... im very happy the i am not working because getting up and getting ready would be horrrible. the other day i went to bed around 12 ish and didn't get up and out of bed until 11... i just couldn't build up any strength or will to want to be up.... that is rediculous. today i popped right up and was ready to go it is very strange the spirts of energy that come and go.
  • I haven't been able to sleep for the past week. I have to go to the bathroom so many times it's getting on my nerves and I just can't stop thinking about what I need to get done in the house. It's furstrating since I have to wake up at 5:30 to be at work at 6:30.  I am so exhausted, I am starting to lose my mind.
  • I'm usually in bed by 9pm and wake up between 6:30 and 7am, so I am IN bed for a good amount of time. However, some nights are better quality sleep than others, depending on how many times I have to get up, or if I get hot, or if my hips start hurting, etc., etc. About half of the time I feel alright and not too tired. But it seems to be getting less and less these days, the bigger I get!Tongue Tied
  • imagemarquakl:
    I get like an hour to hour and a half; wake up to pee and switch sides b'c I have shooting pain down one leg. Then I get like 2-3 hours (after I finally fall back asleep), wake to pee, switch sides b'c of shooting pain down my leg, .

This!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"