3rd Trimester

Two Ton Tessy

That's what I was called by a co-worker yesterday morning, apparently she thought it was funny, but proceeded to inform me that the bulk of my weight gain was yet to come. Excuse me, but 13 pounds at almost 30 weeks isn't bad. I know, I know, if my doctor is ok with it, don't listen to other people, but come'on, I already feel as big as a house, I don't need childish name calling. I cannot believe the nerve... Indifferent
BFP#1 10/8/08 DD born 6/24/09
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
BFP#2 4/4/12 EDD: 12/13/12 m/c at 8w2d
BFP#3 8/18/12 EDD: 5/1/13 Beta @13DPO: 61, Beta@15DPO: 216
Baby BOY!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Two Ton Tessy

• Whaaaaaat?  Your by faaaar not a "two ton tessy".  You shoudl have slapped her!
  • Just call her Big Mouth Bessy.

You are adorable!

• Loading the player...
  • I work with the public and get told about once every half hour how huge I am. Yeah my doc is fine, and Im measuring on time. But when you get told day after day, it wears on you! I dont understand how they can get away with saying it! They dont go and tell other people how big they are, why can they say it to a hormonal pregnant person?!?! (ok rant over...)
  • Don't listen to her!  You look great.  I don't understand why people think they can say whatever they want to a pregant woman.  The lady giving me my pedicure today told me that I was really big for my first baby and that she thought I was due any day.  WTF?
  • Um - I would have b!tch slapped her skanky a$$!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • punch her in the twat!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • i am in the same situation you are - i get it all the time, especially from my boss - "wow you are getting really big!" ?i also have not gained too much, which according to the doc i am fine. ?i finally told him it is not nice to talk about a lady's size, weight, etc even if she is pregnant and i know that i am getting "huge" because i can't see my feet or my twat anymore!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have gotten this at work, and my response has been the truth: "The doctor says I'm doing fantastic with my weight, and his opinion is the only one that matters."  The thing that gets me is the people I am getting these comments are mostly women who have been pregnant before.  You would think they would know better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"