3rd Trimester

those of you 36 weeks or more....

who is still working if you are not a SAHM?? if so how much longer are you going to work???

i was tempted to work till the baby comes but now i am re thinking my decision

Re: those of you 36 weeks or more....

• I worked until my 38th week, but then the doc. put me out of work. It was too much stress on my body and I commuted an hour and a half each way.
  • Still working... 8hr days instead of 10 and I am on restricted duty now so its pretty easy. I plan on working up until I go into labor!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a SAHM so this is really easy for me to say, but I would tough it out!!  You will SO want the time with your baby after he/she comes.  Just my opinion, but hey, I sit on the couch all day so take it for what it's worth!  =)
  • i worked until the end of 38th week also. I wanted at lesat one week to myself to get things done. I am so glad that i did that. And now baby is coming on friday and i have everything done.
    image   image
  • not working.

but only because my OB hooked me up.  Otherwise I'd be working until I went into labor. 

• Me! I was planning to work until I go into labor, but today my blood pressure spiked, so they told me I may have to go to a modified work schedule (ie. half days) or totally stop working. I will see what my BP does tonight and tomorrow, and then they'll make the decision.
  • still working and will work until I can't...
  • I got taken out of work at 30 weeks for bed rest.  I had planned on working all the way till delivery....but now being at 37 weeks, even if I had not had to go on bed rest I would probably not work that long. 
  • I'm a law student, still going to class (and was doing mediations for my practicum up until last week), but I only have class Thursdays and Fridays.
  • I also planned to work until the end, but...I declared today my last day at 2 days overdue.  I just couldn't take it anymore.  It has gotten so uncomfortable to sit at my desk all day, and driving to and from work during rush hour traffic is just unbearable!  I think some of my coworkers were starting to think I was nuts for still being there.  I'm a lot more relaxed knowing I don't have to go back to work.
  • I'm a student.  I've got exactly 2 more weeks until I'm done with finals (then I'll be off until after Labor Day).
  • Yesterday was my last day of work before going on maternity leave. I onl worked until 3pm most days last week and only until 1pm this week. I am getting induced tomorrow morning.
  • I'm trying to work until the end (I own my own business), but my last client meeting is this Friday afternoon.  After that, I am preparing to hand over the reigns to the office to the person I hired, so that will be much less intense work.

I'm not taking much time completely off after the baby arrives either.  I will start seeing clients again a month after the due date and I am planning to begin writing a book around that same time, although I will mostly be at home, so I will be spending time with the baby and resting between things, at least!

• I am still working. I am actually going to reduce my daily hours to 4 hours a day starting on Friday. I will be doing that for two weeks and then when I hit 39 weeks, I will start my maternity leave. I am being induced the second day of my maternity leave. I have to reduce my hours due to severe pain in my right rib cage area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am still working. I am actually going to reduce my daily hours to 4 hours a day starting on Friday. I will
  • I am still working. I am actually going to reduce my daily hours to 4 hours a day starting on Friday. I will do
  • I am still working. I am actually going to reduce my daily hours to 4 hours a day starting on Friday. I will do 4
  • I am still working. I am actually going to reduce my daily hours to 4 hours a day starting on Friday. I will do 4 hour
  • I am still working. I am actually going to reduce my daily hours to 4 hours a day starting on Friday. I will do 4 hour days
  • I am still working. I am actually going to reduce my daily hours to 4 hours a day starting on Friday. I will do 4 hour days for
  • I am still working. I am actually going to reduce my daily hours to 4 hours a day starting on Friday. I will do 4 hour days for 2
  • I am still working. I am actually going to reduce my daily hours to 4 hours a day starting on Friday. I will do 4 hour days for 2 weeks
  • I'm still working and plan to continue up until the baby comes, provided I can...
  • Tomorrow is my last day... but they are thinking I'll deliver as early as this weekend/early next week so I'm good with it. Baby dropped early, I have a condition in my ribcage, plus all the normal aches and pains and BH contractions make it so hard to work at all anyways.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm still working and plan to until I deliver. If I'm overdue, I may re-think my plan but as long as I feel good, I'd rather use my maternity leave for when baby is here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Today was my last day! (Spring break starts tomorrow or I would have at least worked until the end of this week, maybe next.)
  • imagelilwifey2be:
    I got taken out of work at 30 weeks for bed rest.  I had planned on working all the way till delivery....but now being at 37 weeks, even if I had not had to go on bed rest I would probably not work that long. 

Yep same here. I'm so uncomfortable and have a ton of back pain, I can't even imagine working till C-section.

I also have a job where I was on my feet all the time. Maybe you and your employer can work something out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"