Eco-Friendly Family

Anyone else having CrunchyClean issues?

Kennedy is in disposables. :( Has been since she woke up on Sunday with the worst rash I'd ever seen. It seriously went from a red butt to a dark red, blistering rash in a couple of hours. It looks like ammonia burn. I haven't noticed our diapers stinking (but, K has such sensitive skin that maybe it doesn't need to get that bad for it to bother her). I'm stripping our diapers now, and we'll try again when the rash is gone.

We haven't changed our wash routine, so I'm wondering why we're having build up issues all of a sudden after 8 months. I've been paging squeaky, trying to see if something has changed with CC, but she hasn't responded. I know of a few other people who have had this issue with their CC, but for all of us, it started with orders placed in January or later. So, I'm wondering if something has happened. 

Anyone else? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else having CrunchyClean issues?

• i've got to strip this weekend because of an ammonia smell after he wets them.  from everything i've read here, that's because of a detergent build up. :/
  • We are having some issues.  I thought it was just me.

Edited to add:  We are still playing with our wsh routine and ours is mostly smell...K has some redness but NOTHING like Kennedy.

• Loading the player...
  • oh no, i don't want to hear this!  I just used up all my tide and ordered CC to avoid the buildup issues we've been having.  SIGH
  • we have some ammonia stink, so i'm going to strip, but i never do an extra rinse. ?when i did the extra rinse, i never had a problem, but i've just found it's not necessary every time. ?i think i might just do it every other time. ?i still love my cc!
  • I think just about any detergent can cause build-up. 

I think CC is great but I admit I do sometimes use Purex F&C still and sometimes add some oxy-clean to the C&C or some of that green stuff.... simply green. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

Kennedy is in disposables. :( Has been since she woke up on Sunday with the worst rash I'd ever seen. It seriously went from a red butt to a dark red, blistering rash in a couple of hours. It looks like ammonia burn. I haven't noticed our diapers stinking (but, K has such sensitive skin that maybe it doesn't need to get that bad for it to bother her). I'm stripping our diapers now, and we'll try again when the rash is gone.

We haven't changed our wash routine, so I'm wondering why we're having build up issues all of a sudden after 8 months. I've been paging squeaky, trying to see if something has changed with CC, but she hasn't responded. I know of a few other people who have had this issue with their CC, but for all of us, it started with orders placed in January or later. So, I'm wondering if something has happened. 

Anyone else? 

Sorry - You all are welcome to email or convo if you need help :)  I don't get to check here as often as I'd like, and I almost never get to scroll back to check back posts!

You've had ammonia recently?  For us, around 8 months is when E started teething, so she would break out in a rash in 3 seconds if I left her in a diaper too long, she sat in poopy for more then 1 second, or I wiped her with a disposible wipe even!

I need to check and make sure we haven't altered any of the recipes since January, but I'm fairly sure nothing has changed at all since probably last summer.  I do always suggest using unscented or essential oils only if you have sensitive skin babies because fragrance may be irritating her all the sudden, especially if she's teething or has something else that's making her especially sensitive.  The fragrance oils can be irritating to babies with sensitive skin.  

There shouldn't be problems with build up - the amount of oils is extremely concentrated and equates to probably less then a drop/load of wash.

I am happy to send you a little more then a normal sample of an unscented or EO scent to see if it works- just contact me :) crunchyclean at gmail  :o)  

• no issues here!

no rashes and in fact, we've had less stink since we started CC on CD's.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagedaisyterp:

I think just about any detergent can cause build-up. 

I think CC is great but I admit I do sometimes use Purex F&C still and sometimes add some oxy-clean to the C&C or some of that green stuff.... simply green. 

Sometimes you do need a little extra cleaning power, so if anyone is having problems, it does say on the directions that bacout, simple green, or dawn (but I prefer the first two) can help. 
    I think this is especially true if you go more then a couple days between washes.

• imagesqueakytaco:

For us, around 8 months is when E started teething, so she would break out in a rash in 3 seconds if I left her in a diaper too long, she sat in poopy for more then 1 second, or I wiped her with a disposible wipe even!

I was going to say this.  That's how DD's bum gets when she's cutting teeth.  She can be fine one minute and then next minute blistered, broken skin, etc.  Its terrible.

We last ordered in Feb. and no issues here.  I hope you figure out what's going on!  I know how awful that type of rash is. :( 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ditto that DS got some NASTY diarrhea and rashing when he was teething, and also from eating GRAPES of all things!!

We have been using exclusively CC for our clothes and diapers for probably about 9 months now and I can't imagine switching!  I do have to strip every now & then for ammonia stink (maybe once a month) but no big deal at all.

• imagesqueakytaco:

Sorry - You all are welcome to email or convo if you need help :)  I don't get to check here as often as I'd like, and I almost never get to scroll back to check back posts!

You've had ammonia recently?  For us, around 8 months is when E started teething, so she would break out in a rash in 3 seconds if I left her in a diaper too long, she sat in poopy for more then 1 second, or I wiped her with a disposible wipe even!

I need to check and make sure we haven't altered any of the recipes since January, but I'm fairly sure nothing has changed at all since probably last summer.  I do always suggest using unscented or essential oils only if you have sensitive skin babies because fragrance may be irritating her all the sudden, especially if she's teething or has something else that's making her especially sensitive.  The fragrance oils can be irritating to babies with sensitive skin.  

There shouldn't be problems with build up - the amount of oils is extremely concentrated and equates to probably less then a drop/load of wash.

I am happy to send you a little more then a normal sample of an unscented or EO scent to see if it works- just contact me :) crunchyclean at gmail  :o)  

I tried to only page you when you were online, because I don't have your email. ;) 

I don't think it's teething, she's already got 2 teeth, and she didn't get a rash with those (only a huge blowout poop!) It was just such a sudden change, I was wondering if there was anything in recipe that had changed that could cause buildup. It's just odd....we're not really doing anything differently...and the rash does look more like a chemical burn than the typical diaper rash. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had to stop using CC on my DD's diapers because her sensitive bum was breaking out red and blistery so bad. I switched to All F & C (military version) and she hasn't had a rash since. I don't know if it was the fragrance or what but I will stick with what works for DD. I still use CC on our clothes though :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"