3rd Trimester

Is there a "nice way" to do this?

So I had a baby shower this weekend & one of my friends had bought me the bottle brush she really liked (and not the onese I had asked for). But I really don't like the style of them & I don't think they will work with the style of bottles we are using. Of course she got it at Target so we all know how fun it is to return stuff with out a gift receipt. 

Do I ask her for the gift receipt letting her know that I don't think that style will work with our bottles? or do I not even do anything about it go out & buy the one I really wanted and hope she dose not say something about it when she comes over? 

I know this is a really small thing but I would really love to not have to hold on the the gift knowning I will not use them.

Re: Is there a "nice way" to do this?

• i think target lets u return things without a receipt and they will send u a credit or something. or they let u exchange it for a similar item.  I wouldn't make such a big deal out of it, aren't bottle brushes like $3?  Worse case scenario, just go get theone you want.  Also, is she really going to be checking your drawers o stalking out your kitchen for HER bottle brush when she comes over?
  • I am the type that always tries to avoid confrontation.  If you go to target and add it to your registry, you should be able to return it easier.  Do they have the same one at BRU?  It would be easier to return it there... just a thought.
  • Loading the player...
  • I also think you just get a store credit for whatever its worth at the current time. And honestly, if your friend has nothing better to do than to look for a bottle brush, I'd say she's crazy. ;)?
  • Good point about checking BRU, I didn't see it on line but will check in the store when I go to return some other stuff.

• I don't know about your Target, but ours let us return a wipe warmer with no gift receipt, and we weren't even registered there.  They told us we can return items with no receipt up to two times a year (they scanned my drivers license; I guess that's how they keep track).  We got a store credit...no hassles...and we don't even know for sure that the warmer came from there.  Good luck!
  • imageerosa:
    i think target lets u return things without a receipt and they will send u a credit or something. or they let u exchange it for a similar item.  I wouldn't make such a big deal out of it, aren't bottle brushes like $3?  Worse case scenario, just go get theone you want.  Also, is she really going to be checking your drawers o stalking out your kitchen for HER bottle brush when she comes over?

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • either try to return it on your own- or hold on to it... or give it away.... I would never approach a friend for a receipt about a bottle brush- that seems a bit much.... maybe a large ticket item like a high chair- but a bottle brush???
  • I would return it at Target and get a store credit. If they don't have the brush you want there you can use the credit toward something else but yeah, I think you'll have to buy a new one yourself.  I know somethings don't matter if it's exactly the same but I can understand it being a little frustrating when all the information is there of what you are needing but people get what they prefer instead.  Sometimes it works out better that way and sometimes it doesen't.
  • imagekel-bel78:
    I don't know about your Target, but ours let us return a wipe warmer with no gift receipt, and we weren't even registered there.  They told us we can return items with no receipt up to two times a year (they scanned my drivers license; I guess that's how they keep track).  We got a store credit...no hassles...and we don't even know for sure that the warmer came from there.  Good luck!

Oh good, I hope it's 2 times that you get to return without receipt. I can't remember how long ago I returned something without a receipt but I got 4 of the same outfit at my shower! and only one of them I have a gift receipt for.

• Either try to return it or simply buy the ones you wanted. She wouldnt know YOU bought them, someone else could have possibly gifted them to you. Besides, if she wants to get stuffy about it, she should have just purchased what you requested, bottom line.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"