2nd Trimester

Help with girl name with a boy nickname..

Found out we are having a baby girl today!  My hubby and I are trying to think of a girl name with a "tomboy" nick name.  Can't use Samantha and call her Sammie, someone in the family already has a Samantha.  But that would be an example.

Re: Help with girl name with a boy nickname..

• Wilhelmina can be Will...Jacqueline can be Jack or Jackie...for some reason I can't think of any others right now. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Josephine....and call her Joey.

It's totally from Dawsons Creek, but it's all I've got for ya.

• Loading the player...
  • sam19sam19 member

charlotte - charlie

veronica - ronnie

that's al I can think of right now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • I always thought James was a cute name for a girl...
  • Why do you want her to have a boy nickname?

This is one of the strangest name help requests ever. 

• Jessica= Jessie

Melissa= Mel?

?

image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
  • Not sure I have too many new opinions but I LOVE Charlotte=Charlie

I know someone who named their little girl "jaymes" & they call her jamie

I like Jo or Joey as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAlenaS:

Why do you want her to have a boy nickname?

This is one of the strangest name help requests ever.?

I thought the same thing... what if DD isn't a tomboy? ?What if she ends up REALLY girly? ?I always thought nicknames were supposed to match the child's personality...?

• Alexandra/Alex, Jacqueline/Jack, Roberta/Bobby, Maureen/Moe, Charlotte/Charlie, Kennedy/Kennie, Georgia/George, Francesca or Francis/Frankie, Callie/Cal, Sydney/Syd, Hailey/Hal
  • mackensie - max

alexis/alexandra - alex

kennedy - ken or kensie

bobbi

rhonda/ronda - ronnie

ummm... thats all i got right now.

• This is kind of going off of the Dawson's Creek "Joey" suggestion but instead of Josephine, maybe Joelle...? I'm not very creative so that's all I've got for you! Good luck with the search!

• I have always kind of thought that Kat, Kate, or even Katy were kind of "tomboy-ish" And there are a lot of pretty girl names that can be derived from. Kathleen, Kaytlin, Katherine. Just my 2 cents!
  • imageAlenaS:

Josephine....and call her Joey.

It's totally from Dawsons Creek, but it's all I've got for ya.

My grandmother suggested that one to me.

My sister's name is Jaclynn and we call her Jac, or Jackson to annoy her.  I'm a Kendall.  Although no one ever gave me a nickname, I suppose that I could have been Ken or Kenny for short.

Alexandria = Alex

• imagebroussm:
    imageAlenaS:

Why do you want her to have a boy nickname?

This is one of the strangest name help requests ever. 

I thought the same thing... what if DD isn't a tomboy?  What if she ends up REALLY girly?  I always thought nicknames were supposed to match the child's personality... 

I thought that it was odd that DH's family didn't like our name choice because there wasn't an easy nickname.  I didn't realize that was a requirement when naming your child.  I plan on calling him by the name I gave him.

• Alexandra...call her Alex

Roberta...call her Bobbie

Miranda....call her Randy

• I don't think this one has been said yet. Nick for Nichole.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"