1st Trimester

Morning sickness? Dr. recommended something new

Still suffering 24/7 with morning sickness.  Called the doctor today- said as long as I'm holding down fluids, they won't put me on meds (which is ok, the less meds the better) but the doctor recommended something I hadn't heard before- PAPAYA.  Said an enzyme in the papaya helps to calm the stomach.  Haven't tried it yet but I thought it was good info to share....

Re: Morning sickness? Dr. recommended something new

• Woo-Hoo!!! I am going to the grocery store right now to stock up. Big Smile
  • I have always had stomach issues, and for a while I took papaya.  The only downside was that after a while the sweet aftertaste can be a tad nauseating..to me.  But it did work! I think my body got used to it though. 

It actually comes in a chewable tablet form that I used to get a my vitamin place, if you dont want to get a whole bunch of fruit.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Interesting.  My doctor said do not eat papaya..it is on the do not eat list.  The chemical that is in it that he is talking about...I think...is bromelaine.  Which is also in pineapple (the core mostly) which a lot of ttc'ers eat 1-5dpo to aid in implantation but then stop.  And I think that pineapple can be eaten at the end of pregnancy to help induce labor.

I'm sure in moderation it is fine though....I still eat pineapple every now and again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSportyMrs.23:

Interesting.  My doctor said do not eat papaya..it is on the do not eat list.  The chemical that is in it that he is talking about...I think...is bromelaine.  Which is also in pineapple (the core mostly) which a lot of ttc'ers eat 1-5dpo to aid in implantation but then stop.  And I think that pineapple can be eaten at the end of pregnancy to help induce labor.

I'm sure in moderation it is fine though....I still eat pineapple every now and again.

I did some reading on papaya because of the morning sickness.  I am taking the papaya enzymes chewables.  I think its on the do not eat list because while the ripe papaya is good for digestive issues/nausea the not so ripe can cause contractions...I'm guessing with buying fresh fruit you may get some thats not ripe enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"